cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use on-board debugger to debug with MULTI IDE

mrtientv6
Contributor II

Dear all,

I'm purchasing s32k3x4evb-t172-evaluation-board (S32K3X4EVB-T172 Evaluation Board for Automotive General Purpose | NXP Semiconductors) and our project use MULTI IDE (ghs ide-arm-v-20191 rel.9.19.1 - COMP_Version 2019.1.4)

I concern about the debugger that I can use in our project.

Can I select On-board debugger (only need USB cable) in connection setting in MULTI IDE, or I have to use additional debugger probe (JLink/GHS ...)?

Thank you,

Tien Tran

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

I am not sure if MULTI IDE support Multilink, you need to check the manual of it.

All S32K3 boards are programmed with secured K26 PEMicro embedded multilink firmware, also known as OpenSDA.

Can you please install the latest PEmicro drivers and then run a PEmicro drivers test to ensure that all USB drivers are properly installed.

https://www.pemicro.com/support/downloads_find.cfm

After installing the drivers and plugin in this board into USB port, please go to your hardware device manager, expand a Jungo tab and see if the Multilink 2.0 USB device is detected.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mrtientv6
Contributor II
GHS only suppports Greenhills debug probe(V3 and V4). So we decided to use it.
Thank you.
0 Kudos

mrtientv6
Contributor II

Please help me, experts.

0 Kudos