Can I use DC power supply to put 12V onto S32K148EVB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use DC power supply to put 12V onto S32K148EVB?

Poley
Contributor V

Hi all,

Just a quick one hopefully. I recently purchased a S32K148EVB which comes with no way of powering the board out of the box.

i have used a USB lead to put some test software onto the board but I have not been able to get CAN to work so far. I have seen that it could be due to needing 12V rather than the 5V USB power.

I don’t have a lead that fits the 12v socket on the board. Is there anyway I can use a DC PSU that I can set to 12V output and connect somehow? I can’t see anything in the data sheet/quick start that shows if this can be done.

thanks in advance! I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Poley,

Maybe you can use the BAT GND test point temporarily, but it is strongly recommended that you purchase an external 12V power supply to power the development board through J9.
You must be very careful when using the test point to supply power. Do not let the power clip fall off and cause damage to the development board.

VBAT.png

VBAT GND TestPoint S32K148EVB.png

VBAT GND TestPoint.png

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Poley
Contributor V

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply!

I think I will do this for just a quick CAN test to see if this fixes my issues and then swap back. 

Is there a suggested rating for the12v power supply to use with this board or should a standard one work.

Also guess another option is to solder onto those terminals and shrink wrap around them, but a 12v supply would definitely be better/easier

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry I did not find information about the rating of the external power supply.

0 Kudos