Please Help me as following, Thanks

(1) Our Environment

• HW : RD-K344BMU
  • S32K DS : 3.5
  • S32K3 RTD AUTOSAR R21-11 Version 3.0.0
  • MCU CAN : FlexCAN2, 500kbps
  • PCAN is available

(2) Situation

• Using example "FlexCAN_Ip_Example_S32K344", CAN tx Communication was successful. We Confirmed it using PCAN. We use "FlexCAN_IP".
  • But Using example "Can_Example_S32K344", CAN tx does not work. We use "NXP MCAL Can_43_FLEXCAN"

(3) Question

1. If there are any other examples using "NXP MCAL Can_43_FLEXCAN" without "CAN Loopback". Its to difficult to understand how to use functions and settings.
  2. Can you check my source code to enable CAN tx.
  3. Can we use "FlexCAN_IP" driver when all other Functions use MCAL. For example, can we add  and use "FlexCAN_IP" driver to "HvBms400_775_722_TPL_Bring_Up" Project? When we tried, Hardfault occured.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1) I posted modified code which is communicating with PCAN on https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/S32K344-CAN-can-t-send-Message/m-p/1801772/highlight/true#M31440

2) I see you have still FlexCAN 0 used in loopback mode and missing CAN pins in Port module

3) it would be possible to use IP and MCAL api together. For sure for given peripheral just one is used.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1) I posted modified code which is communicating with PCAN on https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/S32K344-CAN-can-t-send-Message/m-p/1801772/highlight/true#M31440

2) I see you have still FlexCAN 0 used in loopback mode and missing CAN pins in Port module

3) it would be possible to use IP and MCAL api together. For sure for given peripheral just one is used.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
BAe
Contributor I

thank you for your answer.

1. I am going to check it.

2. The problem was that the "Port" setting was not set. My FlexCAN works, thanks.

3. Does this mean that "Can_43_FLEXCAN" MCAL Module and "FLEXCAN" IP Module can be used together? or I can use "FLEXCAN" IP API After using "Can_43_FLEXCAN" MCAL Module?

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

you can use both FLEXCAN MCAL and IP modules in you project, but for selected instance just single one must be used.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos