AUTOSAR MCAL : Flex NVM Partition for Data flash and EEPROM support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOSAR MCAL : Flex NVM Partition for Data flash and EEPROM support

swapnilmisal001
Contributor I

We are using S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_HF2_1_0_1 MCAL for FLS and FEE module configuration through tresos that will be included in Davinci configurator tool.

In legacy SW (Non-Autosar) SDK provide by NXP for S32K1xx we used API (FLASH_DRV_DEFlashPartition) for Flex NVM partitioning so that we could use emulated eeprom for endurance improvement, but was not able to find this feature API in Autosar MCAL provided or no configuration container in Tresos tool.

Instead found "Fls Check Flex Nvm Ratio" container in tresos which is used to check Flex NVM partition code, if found its partitioned provides error message. Does this means no partitioning for emulated EEPROM allowed ?

Please let me know if I am missing on something.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I would like to answer your question:

Instead found "Fls Check Flex Nvm Ratio" container in tresos which is used to check Flex NVM partition code, if found its partitioned provides error message. Does this means no partitioning for emulated EEPROM allowed ?

[Hung] Yes it is. In case, user also want to use EEPROM, please turn off this check in the flash configuration. But the MCAL driver have 3 module(EEP, FLS, CSEC) share some hardware resources of the FLEXNVM memory, so several aspects need to be considered when using them together in the same application. User will need to consider it. Please find more information in the similar topic https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/using-FlexRAM-with-MCAL-EEP/m-p/1039722/highlight/true

Best regards,

Hung.

0 Kudos

swapnilmisal001
Contributor I

Thanks Hung, 

As per link provided i went through it, but could not find CSEC module in MCAL, can you please help in that?

0 Kudos

hungnguyenphi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello swapnilmisal001,

The CSES is not included in the S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_HF2_1_0_1 MCAL. The CSES can be configured with CRYPTO module in the S32K14X_MCAL4_3_RTM_P1 package.

Best regards,

Hung.

0 Kudos