Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we use EB in ubuntu

Jump to solution
StanleyShen
Contributor IV

Hi there

Can we use EB in ubuntu, if so, could you pls tel us how to do it.

thinks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Given EB is not part of NXP, we recommend sending this inquiry to Elektrobit itself.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JensPetersohn
Contributor I

Hi,

I would be happy to help you further, but could explain in more detail which EB software you wish to integrate with Ubuntu? Our product offerings are explained (at a high level) at http://www.elektrobit.com.

Please feel free to get in touch via this thread or per email.

Jens Petersohn

Product Management

Elektrobit Automotive GmbH

0 Kudos
StanleyShen
Contributor IV

Hi Jens

Thanks for your help.

- but could explain in more detail which EB software you wish to integrate with Ubuntu?

Actually,I have used NXP's S32GDS (3.4.3) and your company's tresos Studio 27.1 on Windows by importing <Integration_ Reference_ Examples_S32G2_2022_06> project has completed the configuration and compilation of the bootloader and UART of the M7 core. I also want to do the same thing on ubuntu, so I think I should need a tresos Studio 27.1 that can run on ubuntu.

0 Kudos
JensPetersohn
Contributor I

I am sorry, but I still don't fully understand your request.

The EB tresos products implement a classic AUTOSAR solution for mostly MCU and MCU-like cores of larger SoCs. It cannot configure, generate or integrate any Linux distribution or software.

EB will be announcing a new product family around Linux soon, but that is a completely separate product and tooling intended to support 64-bit ARM cores that feature a paged mode memory management unit (in the case of the S32Gx that would be the A-5x cores).

In general there is currently no "ready-made" configuration from EB that will enable the Mx cores with tresos and the A-5x cores with Linux. There are numerous issues, for example the boot sequence, health monitoring and many other aspects that need to be considered in the context of the application.

Best regards,

Jens Petersohn

0 Kudos
StanleyShen
Contributor IV

Sorry to confuse you.

In short, I need an EB tresos  27.1 that can be installed on ubuntu18.04.(from NXP web site, I can only download the installed version of Windows)

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Given EB is not part of NXP, we recommend sending this inquiry to Elektrobit itself.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos