cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong JEDEC id read

st_ra
Contributor II

Hi,

Im having trouble to read from QSPI NOR Flash on our custom board. We are using S32G274A with MX66UW1G45G (which is mainly the same as MX25UW51245G found on RDB2 just bigger as far as I know).

Problem is when trying to "sf probe" I get "Unrecognized JEDEC id: 84, 83, 7f". Flash obviously responded to command 0x9F (Read ID) but it responded with wrong ID. Correct ID for this chip is 0xC2813B.

When using S32FlashTool everything is ok, also when trying to read ID from CM7 application also it reads correct JEDEC ID. Problem only occures in u-boot (im using LinuxBSP31).

I did added new flash info into spi-nor-ids.c but with correct ID not this one that it reads wrongly. If I add it with wrong ID later all reads are wrong.

What could be a problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV

Hi st_ra,

Are you able to resolve this issue ?

0 Kudos

Johnli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

pls check the follow.decrease qspinor clock to try again

doc&project&patch&script explain to support GD qspi nor in lauterbach, flash tool,ivt,fls mcal, fls bootloader and linux https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Designs-Knowledge-Base/S32G-ADD-GDFLASH-SUPPORT/ta-p/1763551

0 Kudos

Johnli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Doc written by Chinese, let me explain it, qspinor datasheet normally require to use low clock to read id, such as 133Mhz or 160Mhz, but our default bsp use 200Mhz, even the default qspi nor on rdb board can pass it, but other qspinor normally cannot pass it.

in the doc, we explain how to change linux driver to decrease qspi nor clock to 133Mhz to solve it, you can refer to change to uboot.

0 Kudos