Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJA1100 really on S32G-VNP-RDB2 board ?

Jump to solution
SSyb
Contributor III

Hi all,

We have purchased sn S32G-VNP-RDB2 board. The product webseite says "supported Ethernet transceivers: TJA1102-TJA1102S" (see screenshot), but in the user manual, reference menual etc, I can not find any hint on a TJA110x of any sort. Only the SJA1110 switch or 3rd party transceivers.

I am looking in the wrong place, or is the product website wrong ? does the S32G-VNP-RDB2 board have a TJA1102 or TJA110x ?

thanx and best regards,

Stefan

S32G-VNP-RDB2-Product_Website.pngS32G-VNP-RDB2-Ethernet-Enablement-Guide.pngS32G-VNP-RDB2-Reference-Manual.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That is correct.

TJA1102 is supported, but the VNP-RDB2 is not using it. You can use it in your design, but the design you are looking does not have it.

That is why you are not seeing TJA1102 neither in the user manual nor in the schematic.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Guofred
Contributor III

Hi @SSyb ,

May be you can open the Schematic of S32G-VNP-RDB2 board and check the hardware again.

Probably this PHY TJA1102 is not used. .

but if we want to use the  PHY TJA1102 or the switch SJA1110 to attach the S32G,

both ways can be support, so that's why we find the website shows PHY TJA1102.

this is my opinion for you reference, thanks.

Best regards.

Guofred

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That is correct.

TJA1102 is supported, but the VNP-RDB2 is not using it. You can use it in your design, but the design you are looking does not have it.

That is why you are not seeing TJA1102 neither in the user manual nor in the schematic.

SSyb
Contributor III
ok , Thanks Daniel and Guofred ! then I have mistaken the product website. Background: We do not intend to make our own design, only port our project to the RDB2. The PHY/Trc drivers matter. Anyway, Thanks.
0 Kudos