cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJA11xx firmware files

Jump to solution
SherlockInSpace
Contributor I

Hi! I'm working on the S32 platform and using the Gold VIP evaluation board for development.

I am trying to bring up the ethernet switches both on the Gold VIP (SJA1110) and our reference platform (SJA1105). However, I am unable to find the necessary firmware binaries that the Linux driver expects to upload to the boards.

I've referenced the documentation that says firmware can be found in the relevant SDKs for each platform (e.g. SJA1110 SDK), but after downloading these SDKs I still cannot find the firmware, or instructions on how to build the firmware.

Could someone please assist point me in the right direction?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There are two firmware binaries as sja1110_uc.bin and the static configuration sja1110_switch.bin.

These are uploaded when the board boots. The binaries are located in the default firmware directory,

usually /lib/ firmware.The user can also simply copy the binaries in rootfs at the path: /lib/firmware.

These binaries can be found in GoldVIP-1.2.0-binaries.zip in the binaries folder. software account required to download this.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
asap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SherlockInSpace,

Suppose you are following the GoldVIP UM chapter 8 SJA1110 Telemetry application?

as mentioned in the chapter "The SJA1110 application consists of two binaries: the firmware sja1110_uc.bin
and the static configuration sja1110_switch.bin. These are uploaded when the board boots."

I can see two sja1110xxx.bin under my GoldVIP/binaries folder, fyi.

Albert
0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There are two firmware binaries as sja1110_uc.bin and the static configuration sja1110_switch.bin.

These are uploaded when the board boots. The binaries are located in the default firmware directory,

usually /lib/ firmware.The user can also simply copy the binaries in rootfs at the path: /lib/firmware.

These binaries can be found in GoldVIP-1.2.0-binaries.zip in the binaries folder. software account required to download this.

Regards

0 Kudos