cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAE J1939 support on S32G Fleetwise agent on GOLDVIP

sonalip94
Contributor III

Hello,

My usecase is to get GNSS(LAT,LON) values over CAN0-OBD interface. But since GNSS data comes with J1939 standard and not J1979 which currently fleetwise is configured with.

Can anyone help me understand is this possible by just the configuration change in /etc/aws-iot-fleetwise/goldvip-config.json or will it require code changes in the fleetwise repo as well?

Is there any other approach to accomplish J1939 and J1979 together in fleetwise agent?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

dwalters
Contributor I

Hi sonalip94,

From AWS IoT Fleetwise perspective, we do not support J1939. But you can consume GNSS data through a UART/TTY and build a custom data source, or if the Lat/Log is available on the bus in a broadcast mode and you know the CAN frames, you can use the basic CAN support to aquire those.

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

At this moment, there is no information over J1939/J1979 on S32G platform. We might recommend sending this inquiry to your local NXP representative, for them to see if there is more information regarding this topic.

Given it may be related to a stack, we might also recommend looking into our different partners that could help you on this regard.

Partner Directory | NXP Semiconductors

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

sonalip94
Contributor III

Hello @Daniel-Aguirre ,

How does geohash is sent to cloud. Does it have a PID and does the fleetwise service request for geohash on frequent time intervals or it is just a broadcast?

Thanks and regards

Sonali

0 Kudos

sonalip94
Contributor III

Any information on this will help.

0 Kudos