Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G274A PMIC MCAL/Real Time Driver Configuration

Jump to solution
babytiger
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question regarding PMIC MCAL/Real Time Driver settings.

I have configed PMIC MCAL. I set 'Boost Enable Regulator' as 'ENABLE'.

But, at the generated file(CDD_Pmic_PBcfg.c), Boost Regulator is set as DISABLED(PMIC_VR55XX_M_REG_CTRL1_BOOSTDIS_MASK16).

Is this MCAL generation bug?

I checked release note(SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.3_D2206_ReleaseNotes.pdf). But, I could not find 'Boost Enable Regulator' releated bug.

- MCU: S32G274A

- PMIC: VR5510 QM version

- PMIC MCAL Version:

-- Ar Release Version(Major.Minor.Revision): 4.4.0

-- SW Version(Major.Minor.Revision): 2.0.0

- 'Boost Enable Regulator' MCAL config path: /TS_T40D11M20I0R0/Pmic/PmicGlobalConfig/PmicDevice/PmicModeSettingConf/PmicRegulatorsConfiguration/PmicVBoostRegulator/PmicBoostEnableRegulator

- Mode Setting Conf/Mode Selection: NORMAL

- MCAL generated file / variable: CDD_Pmic_PBcfg.c / Pmic_VR55XX_ModeConfigPB_0_0

Thank you.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the information.

Given that in RTD 2.0.0 the PMIC driver seemed to be in BETA, we do not recommend using this for development, at all.

We do recommend upgrading to a newer and stable version of the RTD. At this moment, RTD 3.0.2 HF1 and RTD 3.0.3 are the newer and stable versions.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Once the option is changed to "ENABLED", have you re-generated the code?

We have confirmed that the option is changed to "PMIC_VR55XX_M_REG_CTRL1_BOOSTEN_MASK16" once the option is set to "ENABLE" and the code is re-generated with the changes. This inside the file "CDD_Pmic_BOARD_InitPeripherals_PBcfg.c"

We are working with RTD 3.0.3 in S32DS v3.4.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
babytiger
Contributor II

Hello,

Our Integrated MCAL SW version is 2.0.0.

After changed 'Boost Enable Regulator'  to 'ENABLE' and re-generated code, Boost Regulator is set as DISABLE(PMIC_VR55XX_M_REG_CTRL1_BOOSTDIS_MASK16) in CDD_Pmic_PBcfg.c.

● SET: 'Boost Enable Regulator = ENABLE'  -> GENERATED : DISABLE(PMIC_VR55XX_M_REG_CTRL1_BOOSTDIS_MASK16)

● SET 'Boost Enable Regulator = DISABLE'  -> GENERATED DISABLE(PMIC_VR55XX_M_REG_CTRL1_BOOSTDIS_MASK16)

● SET: 'Boost Enable Regulator = NO_EFFECT'  -> GENERATED  DISABLE(PMIC_VR55XX_M_REG_CTRL1_BOOSTDIS_MASK16)

Other regulators(Buck, HVLDO, VPRE) are chagned as I set, only Boost Regulator config is not changed.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

We understand you are using the RTD version 3.0.3 (SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.3_D2206), which is the same we are using. On our specific case, we do not see the behavior you are experiencing.

Could you please let us know which S32DS version are you using?

Also, are you using the "Pmic_Configuration_Autosar_Example_S32G274A_M7" example provided on this same RTD package? If not, is the behavior the same?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos
babytiger
Contributor II

Hello,

We are using RTD version 2.0.0(SW32_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2105). And, we are using Mobilgene AUTOSAR Tool with NXP MCAL(SW32_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2105) applied.

Using the RTD(SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.3_D2206), S32DS(v3.4.3) and 'Pmic_Configuration_Autosar_Example_S32G274A_M7' example, I confirmed that 'Boost Enable Regulator' is changed to 'PMIC_VR55XX_M_REG_CTRL1_BOOSTEN_MASK16' as I set 'ENABLE'.

To check PMIC BOOST option, using the RTD(SW32_RTD_4_4_2_0_0_D2105) and S32DS(v3.4.0), there is no pmic example and I could not find pmic driver in 'Manage SDK Components'.

Only RTD version 2.0.0 hotfix02 is available(RTD version 2.0.0 is not available) at the NXP website. So I cound not check PMIC BOOST option change using S32DS.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the information.

Given that in RTD 2.0.0 the PMIC driver seemed to be in BETA, we do not recommend using this for development, at all.

We do recommend upgrading to a newer and stable version of the RTD. At this moment, RTD 3.0.2 HF1 and RTD 3.0.3 are the newer and stable versions.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos