cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G2-VNP-RDB2 enable pfe2 in u-boot

chjc101
Contributor I

hello,

In the Ethernet Enablement Guide for RDB2 board, We use the PFE_MAC2 port in Linux, but are we able to use this port in u-boot? When I connect the board and Windows PC and using bsp with pfe hardware, the u-boot always returns "APR Retry count exceeded". 

I can use the gmac port in the BSP without pfe firmware.

1. is u-boot able to use pfe port?

2. can I use gmac port in u-boot when using BSP with pfe_firmware?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

chjc101
Contributor I

It seems that the three interface of PFEMAC0 could work, but PFE_MAC2 is still not work.

0 Kudos

chjc101
Contributor I

Hello,

I use the logging capability to save the output of printe command. here is the file.

0 Kudos

chjc101
Contributor I

There are the output of u-boot :

1.When I am using BSP without PFE firmware, I could ping my PC using the GMAC port but PFE2 port.

2.When I am using BSP with PFE firware, I am not able to ping my PC using GMAC port or PFE2 port.

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you please provide the full output of u-Boot "printenv" command executed immediately after an unsuccessful ping? Please use your terminal software logging capability and provide the output in the text format rather than a screen capture.

Best Regards,
Platon

0 Kudos

chjc101
Contributor I

Hello Platon,

I find that by changing variable ethact from eth_pfeng to eth_eqos could solve the gamc problem.

Then the question is how to solve the "ARP Retry count exceed" problem when using PFE2 port.

Best regards

Richard

0 Kudos

chjc101
Contributor I

Hello Platon,

I attach the text file inculding the output of printe command. I am using the BSP with PFE firmware and plug the cable into u58 and u84 port separately. 

Best regards,

Richard

0 Kudos