cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G2 Processor - ADC Interface & Die temperature

gopalakrishna
Contributor I

Hi,

In one of automotive application we are using NXP S32G2 Processor. Internal ADC channels are using for critical voltage rails measurement like battery voltage, 3V3, 1V1 etc.

It is noticed that, in standby mode, do not connect ADC input channels to "always on" power rails.

The 12V battery, 0.8V and 1.1V and Vpre_3V3 voltage are connected for ADC pins, this power will be ON even during standby.

By application, measurement these voltage are critical. Please suggest solution.

How to read the die temperature of processor?.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gopala

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Within the S32G2 Reference Manual the following is said [Page 1370, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 7, February 2023]:

DanielAguirre_0-1690304530378.png

Which ADC is not mentioned over the operations allowed during Standby mode. As for suggestions, there could be different solutions, one could be using an additional MCU dedicated to monitoring during low power modes.

As for reading the die temperature, you should be able to use the available TMU peripheral. There are 3 available sensors as mentioned under the Reference Manual [Page 3335, S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 7, February 2023]:

DanielAguirre_1-1690304873585.png

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

gopalakrishna
Contributor I

Thank you.

In our application measurements are required in active mode only, but the input to ADC pins continuously available in standby mode and active mode.

In NXP checklist, noticed that "in standby mode, please do not connect this pin (ADC Input channels) to "always on" power rail e.g VR5510, VPRE, VBAT.

Please help me how to address.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gopala

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We don't fully understand the following statement:

"In our application measurements are required in active mode only, but the input to ADC pins continuously available in standby mode and active mode"

You are saying that the ADC will only be used on active mode but it will be connected to always on power rails?

If so, as said under the checklist, this is not allowed. If measurements of the always on power rails are not required under standby mode, then you should be able to disconnect the rails with a switch, which will be turned on only in active mode.

As for the TMU, this is the recommended connection for TMU test inputs, as shown under the checklist:

DanielAguirre_0-1690395336034.png

If more information is required on regards of the TMU, we can recommend looking into the Chapter 59 of the S32G2 Reference Manual [S32G2 Reference Manual, Rev. 7, February 2023].

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

jacques_landry
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Looking for additional clarification...

Looking through the details, I wonder if the recommendation in the schematic review is to take advantage of the highlighted portion below of note 8.

For me, the clarification is whether “device” means the whole SOC or the ADC block. If the IO pins of the ADC are not tied to an always-on rail, then for the standby case is that considered as “device is unpowered”? 

Would you please advise?

Regards,

Jacques

From the schematic review spreadsheet…

“In standby mode, please do not connect this pin to "always on" power rail. (e.g. VR5510 VPRE, VBAT)”

From the Datasheet…

jacques_landry_3-1691168818427.png

jacques_landry_4-1691168818493.png

jacques_landry_5-1691168818546.jpeg

0 Kudos

gopalakrishna
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your support!. 

It is noticed that, RDB2 schematic, the TMU pins (G16, H16) connected to ground through 0Ohm resistor.

Please help me for application circuit for connecting the sensors (3 Sensors) and type of sensor.

Thanks.

Regards,

Gopala

0 Kudos