S32G2: Enable kernel features in ubuntu image (BSP34)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G2: Enable kernel features in ubuntu image (BSP34)

Andreas8
Contributor II

I'm using the ubuntu image in BSP34 for S32G2. For some reason, I need swap support enabled in the kernel.

To achieve this, I've followed the description in BSP34 User Manual (Section 3.1.7.2.2 Invoke menuconfig to set up a specific configuration for Linux) which includes

- Changing relevant setting via menuconfig

- rebuilding the kernel (bitbake -c compile -f virtual/kernel)

- deploying the image (bitbake virtual/kernel)

Now, I see the resulting image files in the deploy folder:

/fsl-auto-yocto-bsp_34/build_s32g274ardb2ubuntu/tmp/deploy/images/s32g274ardb2

It's called Image--5.10.120-r0-s32g274ardb2-20221109100710.bin and has fresh date.

Now I don't know how to continue as I always took resulting .sdcard file only and wrote it on my sdcard. 

I've no clue what to do with the mentioned bin file.

What's the process? Calling bitbake fsl-image-ubuntu-base once again? Building somehow the .sdcard file again? Flashing multiple files on my sdcard?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

BSP 34 is on alpha stage since its no official release, is probably that you don't get the image, but in normal scenario you have to burn the sdcard with dd and the file should be *.wiz

The oficial BSP is at:

https://www.nxp.com/app-autopackagemgr/software-package-manager:AUTO-SW-PACKAGE-MANAGER#

Regards

0 Kudos

Andreas8
Contributor II

BSP 34 is on alpha stage since its no official release, is probably that you don't get the image, but in normal scenario you have to burn the sdcard with dd and the file should be *.wiz

I've redone the same steps on BSP30:

foo@bar:~/fsl-auto-yocto-bsp$ source nxp-setup-alb.sh -m s32g274ardb2ubuntu
foo@bar:~/fsl-auto-yocto-bsp/build_s32g274ardb2ubuntu$ bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig
foo@bar:~/fsl-auto-yocto-bsp/build_s32g274ardb2ubuntu$ bitbake -c compile -f virtual/kernel

foo@bar:~/fsl-auto-yocto-bsp/build_s32g274ardb2ubuntu$ bitbake virtual/kernel

Then an `ls -lah tmp/deploy/images/s32g274ardb2/` again shows, that two files only got updated
Image--5.10.41-r0-s32g274ardb2-20221110145243.bin
fsl-s32g274a-rdb2--5.10.41-r0-s32g274ardb2-20221110145243.dtb

I expect that I need to call another bitbake recipe to re-build the whole sdcard-image, but don't know which one.

Could you please help on that? @Bio_TICFSL 

0 Kudos

Andreas8
Contributor II

Thanks. Then, I'll stick to BSP33. 

Anyway, I'm not sure about the correct workflow in changing the kernel.

As of now, I was always building whole sdcard image and flash it from windows via Win32DiskImager to SDCard.

Is there a way to update the kernel of my running system (while keeping all changes on the sdcard)?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

No, if you have to burn the complete SDcard, it need erase completely.

regards

0 Kudos