Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G change the BSP

Jump to solution
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,All

I test the function on the s32g board,  it can boot from SD card.

I use the libgpiod to control the LED on the board, it makes it work.But it can not download to the memory. It will reset when it power on again.

I think it will add code the BSP and it may download to the memory.But I do not know how to change it ,can someone help me or NXP has  a document to tell me the method?

The board is S32g RDB2.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

HI,

I find the file:S32G_Kernel_BSP32_V4-20220513, it's helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nxf92355
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ada

Can you explain in brief about " But it can not download to the memory. It will reset when it power on again. I think it will add code the BSP and it may download to the memory " 

Regards ,

Tushar

0 Kudos
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,Tushar

For example, I put  the image to the SD card, the board start from SD card,  I want to change the led the code and complier it into the image ,then put it in the SD card. When the board is power on , the led's code will run.  I want to  change the code and make it image and put it into the SD card.

0 Kudos
nxf92355
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ada 

Thanks for information. I assume you are using yocto to build image. did you create and apply patch of your code ? if yes , did you conformed that your patch is compiled or not ? if not please check it. let us know if more quarry 

Thanks 

Tushar

0 Kudos
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

Hi,Tushar

I succefully bitbake the image and burning up to it to the SD card.

Now I referece the S32G_Kernel_BSP32_V4, GPIO_ LED drive customization,but I can not understand how to custom and complier the code.

I want to custom the driver and creat new image ,then  the board power on, the led can run.

Could you have more details about the driver customization or tell me how to do it?

0 Kudos
nxf92355
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ada 

It's goo for succefully bitbake the image and burning up to it to the SD card.

If you want to driver customization please go with kernel official documentation and also yocto documentation for information related.

In order to request GPIO pins for use inside the kernel
see:  
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/driver-api/gpio/board.html

Thanks 

Tushar

0 Kudos
Ada_Lovelace
Contributor IV

HI,

I find the file:S32G_Kernel_BSP32_V4-20220513, it's helpful.

0 Kudos