cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32G SAF Fault recovery

Ailin
Contributor I

Hi NXP

I am integrating SAF into our project, and the recovery mechanism for most of NCF is R1. 

During the workshop by NXP , in order to R1 recover,  it needs clear both the FCCU status register and the fault source for R1 recover.

I want to know how to clear the fault source for each NCF? Does NXP have corresponding materials for explanation?

I downloaded the Application note AN12866 from S32V23x,  it only mention the following recovery methods:

image004(06-21-16-28-51).jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The following information is provided under the S32G2 reference manual:

DanielAguirre_0-1687374088602.png

Is this the information you are requesting?

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

Ailin
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks!  for all NCF, does it only need to clear the NCF register by writing twice to the NCF status register?

From the sheet of "Fault clearing Mechanism" in "S32V234_NCF_List", it is mentioned not only to clear the NCF stauts register, but also some other register, for example, For NCF[0], Clear TMU_IDR, and the stauts in FCCU_NCF_S0[0].

For S32G2, is there a document similar to this one that explains how to fault recovery when R1 is used?

0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As said under the S32G2 RM, the fault should be cleared after writing 2 times to the status register.

Using the S32V as an example could be misleading, since S32V and S32G have a different architecture, even if the names share similarities. As for documents, we are not seeing anything on this regard, we do apologize.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos