cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTP support on S32G pfe2 interface

nicolasespla93
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to synchronize the ptp clock on 2 S32G boards that are running Linux BSP 33.

I'm using the pfe2 interface, and I am able to successfully ping each other, however, when I try to run ptp4l on those interfaces they seem to not be seing each other. In the linux BSP 33 user manual I did not find anything related to a specific configuration or something related (please correct me if I'm wrong). Why could this be happening?

If I run ptp4l on the eth0 interfaces I have no problem, the only difference I see when running "ethtool -T" on eth0 and pfe2 interfaces is that eth0 shows some ptp filters.

Last thing, where can I find \"S32G PFE Firmware User Manual\"?

Could you please help me with this?

Best regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @nicolasespla93,

Can you please share the DTS file with us and also share the steps that you followed to enable the PFE interface?

Flexera is a platform from which you can download Software related to S32G. You can get more details from your vendor.

Also, you can download the PFE Firmware from Automotive Software Package Manager from the NXP website and get PFE Firmware User Guide in it.

Hope this helps..!!

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 Kudos

nicolasespla93
Contributor II

Hi Mayanks!

For this issue I am using PFE firmware 1.3.0 and PFE driver 1.0, the DTS files in use are (I have not done any modification to them):

s32gpfe.dtsi

s32g274a-rdb2.dts

The steps I follow to bring up the interface are:

ip addr add 192.168.100.1/255 dev pfe2 

ip link set pfe2 up

I tried to recompile the linux BSP and adding the latest PFE versions, but I have had not any success on getting pfe2 working with PTP.

Regards

Nico

0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @nicolasespla93,

Can you please share the screenshot of running PTP with eth0 and PFE2? as need to confirm the logs of the ptp4l tool logs. 

Also, Please confirm that you have added the "linuxptp" package to the Yocto Project by adding the following lines in conf/local.conf file "IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " linuxptp""

Can you check and share which PTP Clock instance "/dev/ptpX" is associated with PFE2? and  How many PTP clock instances were created after booting the board?

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 Kudos

MayanksPatel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @nicolasespla93,

Hope you are doing well.

Can you please share the PFE Firmware and driver version?

You can find the "S32G PFE Firmware User Manual" on Flexera. It is in a package of PFE Firmware. Download PFE Firmware and Extract it, you can find the same inside it.

Thanks,

Mayank s Patel

0 Kudos

nicolasespla93
Contributor II

Hi Mayanks!

Thanks for your answer, I’m using the pfe driver and version that are included as part of the Linux BSP 33.0.

one more question, what is flexera? It’s the first time I know about it.

best regards 

Nico

0 Kudos