Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ack from EEPROM on S32G3 RDB3 board

Jump to solution
yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV

Hello Team,

We have received NXP RDB3 board.

I tried to configure EEPROM for serial RCON using S32G Debug probe. Got below issue.

########################################################################

Selected CORE=M7_0

^Error:Core can't be stopped. State: None:CoreError(200)  File "s32g3xx_i2c_RCON.py", line 265, in <module>

Note: Attached s32g3_eeprom.txt for complete log

########################################################################

Used S32G2 script for the same, as there is no difference with core initialization. Observed ACK is not received from slave.

Attached s32g3_eeprom_with_g2_script.txt for complete log.

Please consider this as high priority, as we need to test the same on our custom board, where only serial RCON is available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for the correction, I was looking into the wrong schematic.

Looking into the RDB3 reference manual, it is said that the I2C signals connected to the EEPROM are not connected by default. Have you modified the board as stated in the manual?

As for the EVB3 problem, where are you connecting the UART connection? We had an EVB3 running code from Flash.

The problems you are having are mainly related to not connecting to the correct UART port or not powering the board.

Please, let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply.

RDB3: We are attempting the rework as mentioned.

EVB3: We have received the hardware without Silicon, observed the same after opening the socket.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

RDB platforms does not contain the EEPROM available on the EVB platforms for the Serial RCON feature.

If you would like to verify the functionality of the Serial RCON, we recommend using the EVB3 platform (given that you are using S32G3)

Please, let us know if this information was helpful or not.

0 Kudos
yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

It is observed Serial EEPROM present in RDB3 schematics (U145).

We have received the EVB3 boards also, unfortunately board is not booting by default.

Even when i try to flash the device by keeping in serial flash mode. It is not getting detected in S32G Flash tool, behavior is not same with RDB3.

Attached screen short (SW14 ,SW15 and all BOOT_CFG's are zeros). Confirm this behavior once it is verified, i can test the same on EVB3. Tried with SW15 10 for serial boot mode, observation is same.

Boards are not in usable state.

Note: We have S32G-VNP-EVB hardware, where i can flash and modify EEPROM value from S32G Debug probe.serial mode too works on EVB2, but not the same with EVB3.

0 Kudos
Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for the correction, I was looking into the wrong schematic.

Looking into the RDB3 reference manual, it is said that the I2C signals connected to the EEPROM are not connected by default. Have you modified the board as stated in the manual?

As for the EVB3 problem, where are you connecting the UART connection? We had an EVB3 running code from Flash.

The problems you are having are mainly related to not connecting to the correct UART port or not powering the board.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos