cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed S32G FreeRTOS Module Unavailable in S32DS

Jump to solution
tony-atlismv
Contributor III

I am trying to compile and use the S32G FreeRTOS project example in S32DS. I am using S32DS version 3.4 and have the FreeRTOS for S32G, version 1.0.0 module installed. But, when I bring up the Peripherals under the S32DS config tools in the drop-down menu, I don’t see the OS layer under the MCAL and Drivers layers in the left-hand column. If I click on the “+” button to add a component, the FreeRTOS is not shown in the peripheral selection list.

Also, if I right click on the project in the Project Explorer window, select S32 Configuration Tools->Manage SDK Components, I do not see the FreeRTOS option in the OS column.

I did try the S32K3xx FreeRTOS example project and was able to compile it. I also did see the FreeRTOS options available for the S32K3xx in both the S32DS config tools and in the Manage SDK Components list.

So, not sure if I am missing a step, or if the S32DS doesn’t recognize the installed FreeRTOS for S32G, version 1.0.0 module?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As it has already been explained, you are seeing empty folders and other problems because you did not install RTD package of the compatible version or did it in a wrong way. Please do follow the suggestions in my previous post in this thread to uninstall conflicting plugins and install what is required, in the proper order. You have to remove the broken FreeRTOS demo project as well. If after that the example does not compile, you have a completely broken S32DS installation. Uninstall S32DS, remove any FreeRTOS demo project folders, install everything anew, follow the installation instructions given in FreeRTOS plugin Release Notes strictly.

On my machine, FreeRTOS directory is not empty:

rtd_1_0_0_FreeRTOS_dir.JPG

and the demo project builds successfully:

rtd_1_0_0_freertos_demo_build_ok.JPG

Best Regards,
Platon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ArifJ
Contributor I

Hi Guys , i am facing issue in setup the FreeRTOS for S32G2 in design studio and i trying to download the FreeRTOS in extension and updates section as like how above you guys done . but i am unable to find the FreeRTOS there in section Could anyone please help me in setup (Steps)of FreeRTOS for S32G2

0 Kudos
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is normal and as expected that S32G2 FreeRTOS extension plugin for S32DS does not display as an SDK, as long as you can see it in the Extensions and Plugins list:

freertos_installed.png

You can start your FreeRTOS-based project by customizing the existing demo. The demo is available as a "Project from Example" template in S32DS:

image008.png

Note that FreeRTOS for S32G2 requires Relatime Drivers (RTD) package of 1_0_0 version:

rtd_valid_ver.png

If you have another RTD version installed, or don't have it installed it at all, the demo may fail at build time or may not display all components properly in the configuration tools. If that is the case, make sure you followed S32G2 FreeRTOS plugin Release Notes strictly: uninstall both FreeRTOS and the unmatching RTD, then install in that order: RTD 1_0_0, then FreeRTOS.

Hope this helps,
Platon

0 Kudos
tony-atlismv
Contributor III

Hi Platon,

Thanks for your response. Please note that I did the following below prior to this posting. The problem is, the S32DS S32Gxx FreeRTOS example project DOES NOT include the FreeRTOS source code folder. This is because the example project has no affiliation with the FreeRTOS S32DS installed module. In looking at the S32K3xx FreeRTOS example project, there is a FreeRTOS folder containing the source code. 

So, the disconnect for the S32DS S32Gxx FreeRTOS example project is that it needs to be linked to the S32DS S32Gxx installed FreeRTOS module. Since it's not linked, could you please provide me a tutorial for this project?

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As it has already been explained, you are seeing empty folders and other problems because you did not install RTD package of the compatible version or did it in a wrong way. Please do follow the suggestions in my previous post in this thread to uninstall conflicting plugins and install what is required, in the proper order. You have to remove the broken FreeRTOS demo project as well. If after that the example does not compile, you have a completely broken S32DS installation. Uninstall S32DS, remove any FreeRTOS demo project folders, install everything anew, follow the installation instructions given in FreeRTOS plugin Release Notes strictly.

On my machine, FreeRTOS directory is not empty:

rtd_1_0_0_FreeRTOS_dir.JPG

and the demo project builds successfully:

rtd_1_0_0_freertos_demo_build_ok.JPG

Best Regards,
Platon

0 Kudos
tony-atlismv
Contributor III

Thanks, I just didn't realize that the RTOS required an older RTD version. Sorry, I missed that. It would be nice if the S32G2 demos kept up with the RTD releases though. 

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
JuWe
Contributor I

Hi all, 

I don't really understand how to install the FreeRTOS extesion. 

From the release notes:

Make sure S32 Design Studio v3.4, S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v.3.4 Update 3 with
support for S32G devices (SW32G_S32DS_3.4.3_D2112.zip) and RTD package
(SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2112.zip) are installed before this FreeRTOS package.

I have installed :

- Design Studio Version: 3.4;Build id: 201217 (Update 3)

- S32 Design Studio Platform Package 3.4.3 (is that SW32G_S32DS_3.4.3_D2112.zip?)

- S32 RTD Autosar 4.4 V 3.0.1 (differs in minor version  from SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2112.zip) How can I downgrade?

That's the error message I get when trying to install FreeRTOS, I think it's because my RTD is the wrong version:

Operation detailsSoftware being installed: com.nxp.FreeRTOS.S32CC.root.3.0.0.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.202201140432 Missing requirement: com.nxp.FreeRTOS.S32CC.root.3.0.0.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.202201140432 requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; com.nxp.RTD.S32CC.root.3.0.0.feature.feature.group 0.0.0' but it could not be found

Kind Regards,

Juergen

0 Kudos
heshuwen
Contributor I

how can i download the SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2112.zip??

0 Kudos
JuWe
Contributor I

Hi Heshuwen,

I had the same problem, it's hard to find:

1) Go to your SW account 'SG32 Alpha Customer Enablement'. 

2) You'll find 'Automotive SW- S32G Standard Software' there.

3) Go to Automotive SW - S32G - Real Time Drivers (RTD) (Cortex-M7)

4) Go to S32G Real Time Drivers 4.4 Version 3.0.0

5) Here you'll finally find SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2112

Regards,

Juergen

0 Kudos
heshuwen
Contributor I

Hi JuWe,

Thank you for your reply ,

I had go to Automotive SW - S32G - Real Time Drivers (RTD) (Cortex-M7),but can't find the S32G Real Time Drivers 4.4 Version 3.0.0

I only have the SW32G2_RTD_4.4_2.0.0_HF02_DS_updatesite_D2106.zip.

1.png

Or because of I'm not the SG32 Alpha Customer ?@bpe@markusregner

0 Kudos
markusregner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The problem is solved. The user did not implement ZIP file as it is required by the tool. The following description helped him to solve it.

• Open S32DS Help / S32DS Extensions and Updates.
  • On this Window click “Manage Sites”
  • Click [Add] and then within the [Archive] Menue choose your RTD .zip file.
  • Click apply, then click apply and close.
caiguanyun
Contributor I

Hi,Still can't find SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2112, can you send me the link or email?

caiguanyun@zlgmcu.com

0 Kudos
heshuwen
Contributor I

Hi markusregner,

I can't find the SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2112 in the Automotive SW - S32G - Real Time Drivers (RTD) (Cortex-M7),Is because of I'm not the SG32 Alpha Customer?

0 Kudos
caiguanyun
Contributor I

Did you find SW32G_RTD_4.4_3.0.0_DS_updatesite_D2112, can't find it

0 Kudos
heshuwen
Contributor I

Maybe you need the NXP  permission  to load it.

0 Kudos