How to run different ver image files baremetal or freertos or autosar image under uboot ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run different ver image files baremetal or freertos or autosar image under uboot ?

fengxianeric
Contributor IV

I am following the ipcf doc guide to run IPCF_Example_S32G399_M7_0.bin below,

- Disable Data Cache from uboot::
        dcache off
- Zero-set SRAM shared memory used by both sample apps::
        mw.q 0x34000000 0x0 0x100000
- Load binary in DDRAM and after is SRAM::
        fatload mmc 0:1 0x80000000 IPCF_Example_S32G399_M7_0.bin
        cp.q 0x80000000 0x34300000 0x60000
- Start M7 core (the argument is the address of the Interrupt Vector)
        startm7 0x34381000
- Boot Linux
        boot
and I can build by this command
make platform=s32g399a core=m7_0 os_target=baremetal/freertos/autosar build

So I am wondering whether all kinds of images in the same way to run.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If you are looking into develop a multicore application, we recommend using a bootloader. You could try and use the same steps provided under the IPCF example, but there are no guidelines (aside from the example) provided for this kind of multicore application under the NXP documentation.

If you are planning on using the IPCF example steps, you should take care of the memory usage, since you could load an application into SRAM that collides with the one that uboot might be using. 

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

fengxianeric
Contributor IV
Thanks,
We might develop apps to accelerate communications, so basically I consider different version images can run with same loading address under uboot environment, right ?
Thanks again
0 Kudos

Daniel-Aguirre
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We might not understand your overall application. If you want to load different applications under the same address, you will overwrite them.

As if you can use the same linker and load steps as the IPCF examples to create new applications, you should be able to. Again, this is not the recommended way of creating a multicore application, hence there is no documentation on regards of this implementation.

Please, let us know.

0 Kudos

fengxianeric
Contributor IV

Thanks.

My mentioned different versions for bare metal image, or freertos image or autos at images to run them under I uboot command.