Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enet_ping_mpc5748g not working

Jump to solution
rajani_sureja33
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using NXP DEVKIT-5748G rev-D board and S32 design studio ide for developemt.

Here i am using "enet_ping_mpc5748g" example code but its not working so far even i have change example default mac address and ip addr.

would you please help me, how to test this example?

Thanks,

Rajani Sureja

Embedded SW Engineer

1 Solution
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please clarify following points?

What is the board connected to? Is it PC?

If yes, have you already add DEVKIT MAC address into the PC arp cache? I think enet_ping example does not implement ARP reply, so, arp cache in PC must be updated manually. Please use arp -s command to add the mac address.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

7 Replies
cjfowler
Contributor I

Manually updating the ARP cache was what did the trick for my Linux system.  My windows development system was still unable to ping with the ARP cache update.  I'm not looking for help, but just wanted to share so others having this issue know they might have better luck on a Linux system.

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

As Martin suggested - just add Board's MAC into arp cache - with default settings use:

arp -s 192.168.1.19 22:33:44:55:66:77

After that, example is working as expected: 

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

rajani_sureja33
Contributor III

If I connect the board with LAN cable then how to test this example?

0 Kudos
rajani_sureja33
Contributor III

I mean need to connect board with PC point to point OR is it fine to connect with LAN network?

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

this example is very simple - it can only answer the ping request - nothing else.  So - you need to connect EVB to your PC with static IP address in the same range as EVB - for example - PC IP address 192.168.1.1. You need to add EVB's IP and MAC to ARP table (by command mentioned above). Then you can ping from your PC the EVB and you got correct answer - as shown on terminal screenshot. 

Jiri 

rajani_sureja33
Contributor III

Thanks you  JiRi Kral:)

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

could you please clarify following points?

What is the board connected to? Is it PC?

If yes, have you already add DEVKIT MAC address into the PC arp cache? I think enet_ping example does not implement ARP reply, so, arp cache in PC must be updated manually. Please use arp -s command to add the mac address.

Regards,

Martin