cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Can controller cannot receive and send with S32R418AA。

Jump to solution
RanDong
Contributor I
I can't send and receive properly with the controller, and I caught the chip pin with the logic analyzer without any changes. Whether there are other Settings.20230904-113003.jpg20230904-113016.jpg20230904-113020.jpg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this is sequence of error frames sent due to bit error, because FlexCAN does not see a same bit as is sent. Module does to bus off and recover automatically (by default). Most probably CAN transceiver is not active, check board's schematic
this is for rev.B

PetrS_0-1693909500687.png

Be sure EN, STB are held high, or remove jumpers.
You can also try to remove TXD/RXD jumpers and connect PC8, PC7 together and send message. If pins are properly initialized then you should see message transmitted still.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

setting looks normal. If right pin is selected, be sure connected CAN transceiver is active and bus terminated, connect other node with same bitrate setting. Measure with scope/analyzer TXD/RXD and CAN bus signal. Also check within debugger module's ECR/ESR1 registers to know if any error is detected.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
RanDong
Contributor I

I caught the controller's TX signal as follows.The baud rate is 500K.Can you help me see how it happened.1.jpg

@PetrS 

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this is sequence of error frames sent due to bit error, because FlexCAN does not see a same bit as is sent. Module does to bus off and recover automatically (by default). Most probably CAN transceiver is not active, check board's schematic
this is for rev.B

PetrS_0-1693909500687.png

Be sure EN, STB are held high, or remove jumpers.
You can also try to remove TXD/RXD jumpers and connect PC8, PC7 together and send message. If pins are properly initialized then you should see message transmitted still.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
RanDong
Contributor I
This issue has been resolved,Thanks.
0 Kudos
RanDong
Contributor I
Hi,
The value of the register indicates that an error was sent into busoff.can you provide me with a routine that can be sent normally.I can't find anything wrong here.Emulation board is S32R41.

Thanks.
0 Kudos