Selected Processor does not support in THUMB Mod

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected Processor does not support in THUMB Mod

yumjeongwon
Contributor II

My configuration is under S32K Design Studio.

After Build, I encounter below build error...

------------------------------------------------------------

S32K144-100 with FreeRTOS via Processor Expert.

------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\jwyum\AppData\Local\Temp\ccs6nUFH.s:708: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `vstmdbeq r0!,{s16-s31}'
C:\Users\jwyum\AppData\Local\Temp\ccs6nUFH.s:710: Error: instruction not allowed in IT block -- `stmdb r0!,{r4-r11,r14}'
C:\Users\jwyum\AppData\Local\Temp\ccs6nUFH.s:731: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode `vldmiaeq r0!,{s16-s31}'
C:\Users\jwyum\AppData\Local\Temp\ccs6nUFH.s:733: Error: instruction not allowed in IT block -- `msr psp,r0'
make: *** [SDK/rtos/FreeRTOS_S32K/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM4F/subdir.mk:35: SDK/rtos/FreeRTOS_S32K/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM4F/port.o] Error 1

5 Replies

cristian_cojocaru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can also try to modify the port.c file, at the xPortPendSVHandler method. The assembler instructions "vstmdbeq" and "vldmiaeq" cannot be compiled with Library Soft option (-mfloat-abi=soft)
Attached you can find the modified file, more specifically you can find the changes on lines: #451, #456, #475, #479.

cristian_cojocaru_0-1667916504192.png

0 Kudos

Robert8
Contributor I

Hi, we have the same error  

Error instruction not allowed in IT block -- `msr psp,r0' 
Error instruction not allowed in IT block -- `stmdb r0!,{r4-r11,r14}

We are using the ATSAM4SD32C with Atmel Studio but the chip has no hardware float point support. I have tried -mfloat-abi=soft.  Does anybody have an idea how we can solve this, we are stuck with this problem....   

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you need to enable hardware float point support in project properties (right click on project name):

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

LoveEmbedded181
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry jiri_kral,

If controller has the FPU, it needs to be enable when project using FreeRTOS. Is that right ?

And why we need enable FPU when project using FreeRTOS ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos

yumjeongwon
Contributor II

Oh! It working well. Thank you for your reply......

0 Kudos