cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS SDK lpuart hw flow control

adria
Contributor I

Hi,

I have tested UART with hw flow control and both CTS and RTS pins are not being properly managed by the SDK. I have tested it with lpuart component through processor expert. The SDK version I use is S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0. Also, in the lpuart processor expert configuration I see nothing related to hw flow control, I only see it within the PinSettings component. As well as, taking a look at the lpuart API, I see nothing related to the hw flow control. Is there anything I might be missing to properly configure hw flow control? Do you have any example or application note using hw flow control with lpuart?

Best regards,

Adria

0 Kudos
4 Replies

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adria,

Unfortunately, the LPUART SDK driver does not support HW flow control.
And there is no S32K1xx example/AN on HW flow control either.
The all necessary information can be found in the S32K1xx reference manual rev.11.
Mainly in Section 51.4.3.2 (Transmitter), 51.4.4.3 (Receiver), 51.3.1.11 (MODIR).

BR, Daniel

0 Kudos

adria
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

Then, in the processor expert, within the pin_mux component when you are mapping the corresponding pins to the UART and you see that:

pastedImage_2.png

I should ignore it and never use it right? Instead I have to map them as GPIO and manually use them as described in the reference manual, right?

Best regards,

Adria

0 Kudos

adria
Contributor I

Also, it is weird that in the pinout description of S32k146 there are pins with specific alternative for UART HW flow control:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_8.png

etc

Because if I configure the pin with HW flow control alternative instead of GPIO it will never work, as there is no support for it in the uart drivers from the SDK. So I have to configure it as alternative 1 (GPIO).

What is the sense of having UART HW flow control alternative in a pin?

Best regards,

Adria

0 Kudos

danielmartynek
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adria,

The PIN SDK driver is an independent driver, it allows you to configure the PORT/GPIO registers whether the other SDK drivers support the PCR[MUX] features or not. You can also use your own non-SDK LPUART SW, the device is not limited by the SDK.

BR, Daniel 

0 Kudos