cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTOS based project Mpc5777c

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Hi,

Initially it is planned for my project to work without RTOS fr Mpc5777c  but due to some requirements it possible to move in to an RTOS environment.

1. Which RTOS is supported / can be used  - FreeRTOS? 

2. Its possible to create application code without using processor expert i mean some existing app code initaially created for non rtos , can be ported without much change while using SDK /RTOS based project.

In short while creating with SDK and RTOS project it is possible to do system clock,SIU settings without using .pe

Labels (1)
5 Replies

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Hi ,

I went through certain examples of SDK project with RTOS.

I also may need the environment for development of a file system for storage of data in flash using SPI which interfaces with MPc5777c

and may require to do a tftp client implementation. As per my understanding these modules shall require SDK environment with RTOS.

I had previously manually configured registers using manual coding used interfaces like UART polling and CAN etc also by the same.

but when i use it with SDK environment.

1.can i reuse this part of the code which I had already developed in a non RTOS environment.

2.If its not possible how can processor expert tool be used to do the clock ,pin and  peripheral initialisations and used to communicate.

3.if we use processor expert tool is it possible to change a pin configuration at runtime. say i need a pin initially as uart TX and in between can i change it on an interrupt by application to a normal GPIO read/write and then back to Uart TX. I know this is possible manually when we write but can this be achieved even when we use processor expert tool for initialisations of clock,pins and peripherals.

Thanks in Advance,

Vignesh

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

can i reuse this part of the code which I had already developed in a non RTOS environment.

You can reuse it, however implementing a custom driver could have some influence on system. It really depends on implementation method. Some modification to initialization will be required.

If its not possible how can processor expert tool be used to do the clock ,pin and  peripheral initialisations and used to communicate.

You can generate various static configurations and then call them according to your needs.

If we use processor expert tool is it possible to change a pin configuration at runtime.

Yes, you can change configuration during run time.

You can have dynamic driver initialization (various configurations) and de-initialization.

But, Processor expert is mainly used for static configuration generation. But S32DS offers possibility to use multiple configurations. However CW do not offer this possibility.

Peter

vignesh_v
Contributor III

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1. You can use AutorarOS, ARCCORE, FreeRTOS,

2. Yes, you can port your code into any OS I guess. This will however require knowledge of such OS.

In short while creating with SDK and RTOS project it is possible to do system clock,SIU settings without using .pe

I am confused by this question. Could you be more specific?

regards,

Peter

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Hi ,

I went through certain examples of SDK project with RTOS.

I also may need the environment for development of a file system for storage of data in flash using SPI which interfaces with MPc5777c

and may require to do a tftp client implementation. As per my understanding these modules shall require SDK environment with RTOS.

I had previously manually configured registers using manual coding used interfaces like UART polling and CAN etc also by the same.

but when i use it with SDK environment.

1.can i reuse this part of the code which I had already developed in a non RTOS environment.

2.If its not possible how can processor expert tool be used to do the clock ,pin and  peripheral initialisations and used to communicate.

3.if we use processor expert tool is it possible to change a pin configuration at runtime. say i need a pin initially as uart TX and in between can i change it on an interrupt by application to a normal GPIO read/write and then back to Uart TX. I know this is possible manually when we write but can this be achieved even when we use processor expert tool for initialisations of clock,pins and peripherals.

Thanks in Advance,

Vignesh

0 Kudos