cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM Channel measurement

antperlag1
Contributor I

Hello,

I have defined 8 PWM input channels in FTM2. I want to get information of each channel:

For getting the frequency, I have seen the function "getFrequency", but I can't use it for a concrete channel.

Is there any way to obtain the frequency of each channel?

Furthermore I want to compare 2 channels in order to know which pulse occurs before. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Antonio,

Could you provide more details about your application? I don't understand exactly what do you want to compare.

Best regards,

Razvan

0 Kudos

nishalemos
Contributor II

Hello @razva_tilimpea 

I am Using MATLAB to Generate PWM signal. I have Initially used pin PTC15 and Everything Works Fine .But later I wanted to genrate PWM signal on pin PTA7 but I could not find Channel Configuration for the Same.

I observed the Following difference among the pins in schematic.

PTC15/FTM1_CH3

PTA7/FTM0_FLT2

PTC15 has Channel Assignment where as PTA7 has FLT.

Cant we use PTA7 to generate PWM? if yes, How?

What is the Difference between Channel and FLT.

Regards 

Nisha Lemos.

0 Kudos

razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

FLT pins can't be used to generate PWM. They are just fault signals needed to stop PWM signals.

For more details you can check this page: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5142.pdf.

Best regards,

Razvan

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Antonio Pérez Laguarda

There is a ftm_signal_measurement example in the SDK, This is an example that uses FTM Signal measurement to measure the frequency of a signal.  You can use the FTM_DRV_GetInputCaptureMeasurement for your example.

Best regards

Jorge Alcala