Max number CAN ids (extended)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number CAN ids (extended)

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

I am using s32k144 which is having 32MBs in CAN channel 1.Please let me know how many CAN ids (filter table) can be configured .RXFIFO mode is enabled which will take 0-5MBs for Rx FIFO engine.

Attached screen shot Filter4 says to get 128 filters to be configured  increase MBs to 38.

Trying to increase MBs to 38 is also creating errors even with disabling RX FIFO.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

alexandrunan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to RM the S32K144 allow max 104 Filters.

So you should configure 104 Filters and Mbs Number as 32. this configuration will use all the MBs space by fifo engine so no Tx MB will be available.

pastedImage_1.png

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Thank you Alex,

Is it possible to configure a filter table with both Standard and extended CAN ids for the same CAN channel?.

If possible please let me know the configurations for the same.I am using SDK 0.8.6

0 Kudos

alexandrunan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I strongly recommend to update to latest SDK version as SDK for S32K1xx RTM 3.0.

And to answer to your question you can use both standard or extended IDs, but be aware to enable mask to consider IDE flag in this case. If you use only global mask I suggest to use maskset 0xFFFFFFFF in this case and will accept only the IDs from filter tables.