How to preserve user modification overwrite with processor expert generated code?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to preserve user modification overwrite with processor expert generated code?

rajani_sureja33
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using s32 design studio for DEVKIT MPC5748G and I am using tcpip middleware component.

Processor expert will generate code  files lwipopt.h and lwipcfg.h inside "Generated_Code" as per tcpip component setting.

Here I have modified this two files as per I need (add some user defined macro).So whenever I do processor expert generate code , It will modified my changes. So I have use disabled user changes overwrite with processor expert generate code but still it will overwrite user changes for these files.

would you please help me how to prevent user changes in generated code file by processer expert?

attached screenshot for your reference.

Regards,

Rajani Sureja

0 Kudos
5 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

see Disable my Code Generation | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

rajani_sureja33
Contributor III

Thanks Erich Styger

I have attached screenshot - #tcpip_lwipopt_cfg_modified2.png for the changed that you have to ask to do it. But it will not workout for me.

Would you pls other options which help me to resolved overwrite issue in modification of generated code through processor expert.?

Regards,

Rajani

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What exactly did not work? With the component disabled, it will not generate any code. So it won't overwrite things you have written in the files generated by the component.

0 Kudos

rajani_sureja33
Contributor III

Hello Erich, 

Thanks for reply,  

As I already said,  It will overwrite generated code files lwipopt.h and lwipcfg.h of "Generated_code".

Pls follow these steps, 

1. Select sample example code of application - lwip_mpc5748g.

2. Generate code using processor experts. 

3. It will generate lwipopt.h and lwipcfg.h i side "Generated_code" folder. 

4. Now just add any macro or comment of existing macro for any of this files and save. 

5. Re-generate code using processor expert. 

6. It will overwrite your changes. 

This will not work even in case of component - tcpip middleware disabled as you suggest. 

I hope you understand. 

Regards, 

Rajani 

0 Kudos

rajani_sureja33
Contributor III
0 Kudos