Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable the SBC FS4500 driver with S32 SDK RTM 3.0.2

Jump to solution
snaku_lee
Contributor III

Hi,

How to enable the driver for the FS4500 SBC with the S32 SDK RTM 3.0.2 ? I don't see the item in the Processor Expert component library window.

Regards,

Snaku

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for this picture.

The problem is that you still don't have the right Processor Expert repository because probably CPU component version is 09, not 15. 

You can fix this in 2 ways.

Please start a new project from our example code from RTM 3.0.0 (File-> start new project from examples).

pastedImage_3.png

Go in Components view-> right click on each component -> Change repository and select the right version.

pastedImage_2.png

Best regards,

Razvan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Which CPU are you using in your project?

FS45 was tested just in context of S32K148.

Best regards,

Razvan

snaku_lee
Contributor III

Hi Razvan,

I am using S32K144.

I tried to create a new project with S32K148, but the FS4500 doesn't in the component list.

Does the FS4500 need any special feature from S32K148? the driver should be compatible with S32K144, right?

Regards,

Snaku  

0 Kudos
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I can't reproduce this issue. Are you sure that you are using the RTM 3.0.2?

How did you installed it?

Best regards,

Razvan

0 Kudos
snaku_lee
Contributor III

Hi Razvan,

I install the RTM 3.0.2 via 'install New Software...' of the 'help' menu, I install the RTM SDK 3.0.0 and RTM 3.0.2 patch.

[ my installed software ]

s32ds_install.PNG

It could be my installation issue,  because after I install the RTM 3.0.2, I find the Repositories path of the Process Expert still use SDK_S32K14x_09 only, I have to add the path for SDK_S32K14x_15 manually, and deselect the SDK_S32K14x_09 checkbox.

[ Processor SDK ]

s32ds_sdk.PNG

Is there any way can check my SDK installed is correctly or not?

Regards,

Snaku

0 Kudos
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Did you tried to create a new work space after the update was installed?

Razvan

0 Kudos
snaku_lee
Contributor III

Hi Razvan,

I change my worksapce to a new folder, and create a new project with S32K148, but there still has no FS4500 component.

s32ds_ws.PNG

I check the RTM 3.0.2 release note again, it states "BC_FS45: FS45_LIN_SetMode function is not supported for this release. In code this function is available, but it is up to the user to enable it by defining FS45_FEATURE_LIN macro in the driver.", Does it mean that FS45 driver will not show on the component inspector?

By the way, I can find the source code folder, sbc_fs45, on my computer. The path is C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\S32DS\S32SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_3.0.0\middleware\sbc\sbc_fs45.

Regards,

Snaku

0 Kudos
razva_tilimpea
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for this picture.

The problem is that you still don't have the right Processor Expert repository because probably CPU component version is 09, not 15. 

You can fix this in 2 ways.

Please start a new project from our example code from RTM 3.0.0 (File-> start new project from examples).

pastedImage_3.png

Go in Components view-> right click on each component -> Change repository and select the right version.

pastedImage_2.png

Best regards,

Razvan

0 Kudos
snaku_lee
Contributor III

Hi Razvan,

Yes, you are right, I can see the sbc_fs45 component now, and like you said, it only appear when the MCU is S32K148 with SDK_S32K1xx_15 repository, not support with S32K144.

s32ds_fs45.PNG

Thank you,

Snaku

0 Kudos