How to create a multicore project that shares resources/drivers between the cores, uses the SDK and PEX and can create a single elf file

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a multicore project that shares resources/drivers between the cores, uses the SDK and PEX and can create a single elf file

Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Im trying to create a project for MPC5748G that uses the SDK.  I would like (for ease of maintenance sake) to be able to use a single set of drivers in the source code for both Z4 cores.  I would also like to be able to have a single ELF file for both cores.  I looked at creating a library but there does not seem to be a way to use the SDK as part of the library.

Any recommendations?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

quick update - I just realized that there is example for single multicore MPC5748G elf already in S32DS Power v2017.R1 (but without SDK):
pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos

Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Jiri. I did eventually notice that one and the 5777c example in the community

The more difficult aspect is using the sdk driver as a shared resource. I’ll have more talks with the customer to see how they might block access for running from flash or spawn multiple versions in ram to execute. Maybe they are not contemplating the ramifications of shared resources

SENT FROM PHONE

Daniel Wax | Field Applications Engineer Automotive

NXP Semiconductors

411 E Plumeria Dr

San Jose, CA 95134

office: 408-518-5533

mobile: 408-981-9220

daniel.wax@nxp.com<mailto:daniel.wax@nxp.com>

All types of technical support (Schematic review, layout review, software review, hardware board and software) provided

by NXP Field application team are subject to NXP's general Terms and Conditions unless superseded by a direct contract.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Unless otherwise recorded in a written agreement, all sales transactions by NXP Semiconductors are subject to our general terms and conditions of commercial sale<http://www.nxp.com/about/our-terms-and-conditions-of-commercial-sale:TERMSCONDITIONSSALE?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1>.

0 Kudos

ddebaun
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

If we avoid sharing resources by making sure each peripheral is only used by at most 1 core, can we use one PE configuration and one set of SDK drivers (and one ELF file) for all three cores? For example, if each of the 3 cores uses a different SPI port (provided we configure any clocks or global settings in a coordinated way without conflicts), do you know of any issue using a single set of SDK drivers?

Is there an example project that does this? (MPC5748G)

Thank you,

Dave

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually - today I answered Salesforce ticket related to library based on SDK - it may be usable way for your case - have one project for library and use functions from that lib (or pointers to functions form shared memory space). 

Jiri

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

we have example related to multicore single elf - https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335462 

About SDK resources sharing across cores - I'm afraid that easier way will be create project without SDK. May be someone from SDK team will explain how to do it easily with SDK, but for me it looks too complicated with the generated code and so on. 

In SDK are some multicore examples - you can look at them (interrupt_control_multicore and hw semaphores). 

Jiri 

0 Kudos