Csec:Programming of 0400 - 040F skipped! (Protected region)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Csec:Programming of 0400 - 040F skipped! (Protected region)

ZEROOO
Contributor IV

Hi

I am debugging the Csec module, but an error of CSEC_NO_DEBUGGING occurs when I erase the key. Then I find that an area is protected during programming. After checking the code and reading the manual, I find that I do not set write protection.

ZEROooo_0-1683266569579.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ZEROOO 

what kind of debugger/programmer is that? It doesn't look like S32DS.

Some debuggers have a protection that flash configuration field is not changed unless it is explicitly enabled somewhere in configuration. Otherwise default "unsecured" configuration is kept. I guess that this could be the reason.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

ZEROOO
Contributor IV

Hi

This is a problem that occurred when I was debugging the Csec module. The IC5000/Winidea used by the debugger appeared in the 0x408 address area protected in download.As a result, Csec module could not load key, and the code used was the code that could normally use Csec module before. At first, I checked whether I set write protection, but later I found that no write protection was set, so I want to determine whether it is a problem of debugging device. All the FPROT registers are 0xFF, which means protected?

Regards!

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ZEROOO 

from microcontroller's point of view, there's no reason for such behavior. When CSEc is enabled, the only limitation is that mass erase is disabled. If a debugger uses mass erase when loading new code, it won't work. For example, Pemicro devices don't use mass erase, flash is erased block by block, so new code can be loaded even if CSEc is enabled. My recommendation is to contact iSystem for help.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

ZEROOO
Contributor IV

Hi Lukas,

https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32K/Csec-Csec-is-enabled-The-CSEC-MASTER-ECU-cannot-be-loaded/td-p/164...

There is a detailed description of the problem I met, which has not been answered yet. Please help me to have a look if you are free, thank you.

0 Kudos

ZEROOO
Contributor IV

Hi

Now that Dflash is protected, the Csec module cannot load the master key, but I did not set write protection. How do I know if Csec is in its initial state or if the key has already been loaded?

0 Kudos