cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC failed (S32SDK)

Paroz
Contributor III

Hello,

We are using the s32r274evb  , Multilink Universal Fx Debugger Device and S32ds for IDE to test our rf front end board with Tef8102. 

We tested that the Spi outputs(MISO,MOSI,CLK) are correctly sent to our RF Front-end board with TEF8102. 

We are getting an error output like this. When I convert hexadecimal to decimal and search in rsdk-

status.h file; it says that the problem is caused "RSDK_TEF810X_SPICRCFAILED"

We think that the problem is caused because of SPI sent data and read data does not match. So this error occurs because of CRC check. 

Is there any way to disable or bypass the CRC check or is this a software configuration error.

How can I solve this problem ? Which parameters should I check for eliminate this problem.

Paroz_0-1670231244019.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance... 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Here is the feedback from RADAR expert:

You use the RSDK_ DEMO, which is fully adapted to RDK hardware without any modification. One thing may not be clear: 10M refers to the baud rate, and the default value is also 10M SPI clock should be configured as 80MHz or 100MHz.

The best suggestion is that you first use RDK hardware for testing, and then do your hardware. RDK hardware has been used in exhibitions for many times, running RSDK_ DEMO has no errors.

petervlna_0-1671446774203.png

We usually don't spend too much time supporting customers' own hardware, because it also involves hardware reliability, which we don't know.

If you has just started to develop radar application, I suggest they choose S32R294 with better performance and lower price. This part has also been completely developed and has complete demo and files. 

The following are two sets of hardware that can be used for radar evaluation:

petervlna_2-1671446828880.pngpetervlna_3-1671446840275.png

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Here is the feedback form RADAR team:

petervlna_2-1670834939719.png

Best regards,

Peter

petervlna_0-1670834908071.png

Paroz
Contributor III

Hello thanks for your reply Peter.

We did what you recommend but it was not enough to solve the problem. 

As you can see the below pictures, we still get the same error which is "10047x RSDK_TEF810X_SPICRCFAILED"

Any other help will be appreciated.

Regards

Spi master configurationSpi master configurationSpi Clock FrequencySpi Clock FrequencyCpol and CphaCpol and CphaCrc OutputCrc OutputCrc OutputCrc OutputErrorError

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I am bit confused here. So you developed the HW adapter to connect S32R274 EVB to TEF810x ?

In such case it can work.

However as I explained for radar evaluation there is RDK kit (now replaced with RADB).

S32R274 EVB is intended just for micro evaluation.

Could you share more on your HW setup. i.e. how do you connect TEF to board?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Paroz
Contributor III

Hello again Peter,

Yes we developed another PCB with tef810x and connected it via MIPI/CSI 2 connector on the evaluation board. We are trying to communicate S32R274 MCU with our own PCB's TEF810x. We sent SPI data from evaluation board to our board and we can see all signals(SPI) are matched in the both PCBs. But when we try to debug our PCB connected to the we seen an error on the S32DS as "10047x RSDK_TEF810X_SPICRCFAILED".

We think that this problem is caused because of our S32 microcontroller unit is not sending correct SPI clocks but not sure about it.

And yes we now about RDK but at the moment we are not using it. We are using s32r274evb evaluation board and our own design PCB with TEF810x

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Ok, this is specific use case. I have contacted our RADAR team.

Could you share the name of company you are working for? You also may have FAE assigned form NXP.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Paroz
Contributor III

My company is ITOM and also we have NDA with NXP. 

Also as you can see this picture of our debugging setup with S32r274evb and our design  RF board with TEF810x. 

We can not observe the SPI's clock signal as a clock we only observe it as a active high signal. 

We are waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-08 at 2.28.32 PM.jpeg

Paroz
Contributor III

We are using the s32r274evb with connected TEF810x. 

Thanks for reply

0 Kudos

Paroz
Contributor III

We are using s32r274evb connected tef810x board.

Thanks for reply

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

To make things clear. Are you using s32r274 evb with connected TEF810x or the RDK kit evaluation board?

Because S32r274 is intended for micro evaluation and RDK kit (now obsolete due to RADB board) is used for radar processing evaluation.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos