Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the error of IDES32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1 - Windows  installation fail

enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I recently downloaded the newly released IDES32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1 - Windows  from website: S32 Design Studio IDE|NXP;

I'd like to try the new IDE for S32K and KEA SW development.

But I got the license activation request, and whether I choose online(of course, my internet is OK) or offline with the Activation ID the system sent to me by e-mail when I download it, I will got the following error with online activate:

140990_140990.jpgS32DS for ARM v1.1 install error.jpg

and offline activate generate a request file(named request.xml) as attached and request respone as below window:

140991_140991.jpgS32DS for ARM v1.1 install error111.jpg

and then the installation will be rolled back and failed.

so I wonder:

1. why the IDE need license? is it a free software?

2. how can I activate my license and get the IDE installed on my computer?

I also attached the installation log for your reference.

please help, thanks a lot~!

Best regard,

Enwei Hu.

Original Attachment has been moved to: request.xml.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM_v1.1_Install_02_14_2016_23_49_25.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: S32_Design_Studio_for_ARM_v1.1_Install_02_14_2016_23_34_11.log.zip

0 Kudos
17 Replies

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you please mention if offline action is working on your side?

regards

0 Kudos

fergusmccracken
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Sorry about the delay replying, I got pulled into another project and only back to this today. 

I currently have your temp activation ID working, however my activation ID still does not work.

When I open S32 and go to help/Freescale Licenses i see the following (this is the temp license):

pastedImage_1.png

However, when I return the temp license and enter my own it waits for a send, then closes the license dialog and shows this:

pastedImage_1.png

This happens whether I use online or offline activation methods.

I am continuing to use the temp license you provided, but I would be very appreciative if you are able to help me work through this issue.

Also, I tried to PM you my request and activation files, however I don't have your email address and i'm not able to message you through the NXP community website unless you 'follow' me first.

Many Thanks,

Fergus

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fergus,

Could you possibly give a one more try? I made an adjustments on your account on the licensing server.

I'm pretty confident it should work now.

BTW: have you tried to activate S32DS using your original Activation ID on the same machine or you've tried on more then one computer?

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos

jianlongzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tomas,

Yes. I tried again, both online and offline are OK now. Thank you very much.

BR, Jianlong

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please send me your entitlement IDs

Go to order history and look for the entitlement ID, must be named S32DS-IDE-ARM_XXXXX

156114_156114.jpgOrderID.jpg

I would like to see your request.xml and reponse.xml files

One question , do you have previous 1.1 version installed on this machine? 

run a test using this temp activation ID as test, thank you.

37D6-B186-B306-B6AA

thank you

0 Kudos

fergusmccracken
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

My Entitlement ID is S32DS-IDE-ARM_88583937.

The request/activation xml files seems to contain information specific to my account and computer, is there a way to private message these to you rather than posting them on the public forum?

It still failed for me with my original code when I tried again yesterday. However I tried with your temp activation ID and it seemed to work fine (i cancelled the installation before it could complete). Unfortunately your temp activation code now seems to be installed on my computer. When I run the installation again it now seems to find your activation code by automatically and doesn't ask me for my code anymore - is there a way I can change the activation code once S32 is already installed?

Thanks,

Fergus

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Fergus,

Yes you can activate or return actiation directly in S32DS IDE:

go to Menu Help -> Freescale Licenses:

pastedImage_0.png

Click open:

pastedImage_2.png

Return license.

you can activate it back easily by pasting the activation code into "Activation ID" entry and click on "Activate"

Thanks

Stan

jianlongzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tomas,

I tried this morning, using my activation code. And it works now. I think the problem failed yesterday may be server time out. Highly appreciate your help and support!

B.R.

Jianlong Zhang

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I tried to replicate your problem, but everything works correct. I chose online registration and I did not receive any error. It is possible that activation server has some outage. Please try install once more and make sure you enter correct Software Activation Code during installation. You find your software activation code at the email, which you used during registration.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

In fact, I have tried several times in differernt time and on deferent computers(at least another 2 PCs), as my install log listed:

S32DS for ARM v1.1 install error2222.jpg

I always got the same error as above mentioned, FNP error 50041: Failed to connect to the license server or operations sever.

the install log shows more info:

Installation: Unsuccessful.

21 Successes

5 Warnings

1 NonFatalErrors

1 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Install Log Detail:

Check Disk Space:         C:\Freescale\S32__v1.1

Additional Notes: NOTE - Required Disk Space: 1,627,787,818; Free Disk Space: 47,385,763,840

Install Directory:        C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\

Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

Install File:             C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\vcredist_2013_x86.exe

Expand Archive:           C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\vcredist.zip

Execute Command:          C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\vcredist_2013_x86.exe

Install File:             C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\FNPLicensingService\FNPLicensingService

Install File:             C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\install_fnp.sh

Install File:             C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\license.jar

Expand Archive:           C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\Activation.zip

Execute Command:          java -jar C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\license.jar install -prod S32DS-IDE-ARM_v1.1

Execute Command:          java -jar C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\license.jar verify -feature Activated -version 1.1 -prod S32DS-IDE-ARM_v1.1

Execute Command:          java -jar C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\license.jar activateUI -testFNO false

Execute Command:          java -jar C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\license.jar verify -feature Activated -version 1.1 -prod S32DS-IDE-ARM_v1.1

Install Uninstaller:      S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Install Directory:        C:\Freescale\S32_ARM_v1.1\_S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1_installation\resource\

Install File:             C:\Freescale\S32_ARM_v1.1\_S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1_installation\resource\iawin32.dll

Install File:             C:\Freescale\S32_ARM_v1.1\_S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1_installation\resource\remove.exe

Install File:             C:\Freescale\S32_ARM_v1.1\_S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1_installation\resource\invoker.exe

Install Uninstaller:      S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.1(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Additional Notes: ERROR - Error writing LaunchAnywhere components (Access Denied)

Uninstall File:           C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\vcredist_2013_x86.exe

Additional Notes: WARNING - The file does not exist

Uninstall File:           C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\FNPLicensingService\FNPLicensingService

Uninstall File:           C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\install_fnp.sh

Uninstall File:           C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\license.jar

Uninstall Folder:         C:\Users\B46398\AppData\Local\Temp\313305.tmp\FNPLicensingService

Additional Notes: WARNING - The path does not exist

Remove Registry Entry:    5 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\null

Error occurred while installing the following Action, hence rolling back the installation....!

Action Name:              Trigger Rollback Action

Action Description:       Trigger Rollback Action

Error Details as below:

This action rolls back the Installation.

https___community.freescale.com_servlet_JiveServlet_downloadImage_2-614150-140990_S32DS+for+ARM+v1.1+install+error.jpg

please help to give me some suggestions, thanks~!

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Enwei,

Thanks for your question.

This is a known issue and it will be fixed in the next release.

It's caused by the fact that Windows users may have spaces and special characters in their names, e.g. “Johnny Depp” or “Phocée” that affect things.

Workaround:

1) Create an empty folder, e.g. “c:\temp”

2) Type “rundll32 sysdm.cpl,EditEnvironmentVariables” and set TMP variable from its default “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp” to that folder name “c:\temp”

3) Ensure that your changes accepted – now “set TMP” should return “TMP=c:\temp”

4) Install S32DS

Hope it helps!

Stan.

0 Kudos

jianlongzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stan,

I have a similar issue as Fergus. I failed installing S32DS for ARM v1.2 today. The install tool asked for activation code of v1.1 and I entered code under my account (the code is for v1.2 ?). It rolled back and failed. Does anything I should do? Thank you very much.

BR, Jianlong Zhang

S32DS_install_issue.jpg

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I was able to test your ID, with successful results, could you test again now , I have reset the IDs,  and I expect now to be working.

Thank you

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

jianlongzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your checking. I tried just now, but maybe because of sever's timeout (for both online and offline), I failed with below reasons. I will try to install later, hope it will work. Thank you.

S32DS_install_issue_4.jpg

S32DS_install_issue_5.jpg

BR, Jianlong

0 Kudos

fergusmccracken
Contributor I

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately I still get exactly the same behavior as before:

online_license.PNG

and then it says Rolling Back Install:

pastedImage_1.png

I also tried the offline activation method with exactly the same results.

Thanks,

Fergus

0 Kudos

fergusmccracken
Contributor I

Hi Stan,

I'm experiencing a similar issue to what described above while installing "S32 Design Studio for ARM v1.2 - Windows.exe" on windows 10. The Activation code works correctly and says that the code is accepted, however it then proceeds to immediately roll back the install. The error in Enwei Hu's logs look identical to the errors in mine.

I tried your solution by changing the temp directory environment variable and it still failed with the same error.

Is there anything else I can try?

I've attached the installation log below.

Many Thanks,

Fergus

0 Kudos

enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I want to know how the install to get the license activation verfication, vis FNPLicensingService.exe, how does it work?

whether it has something with my computer's windows firewall, will it block the FNPLicensingService.exe, how can I fix it?

thanks~!

0 Kudos