Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target processor settings not included in .args files

Jump to solution
edgar_michel
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using S32 Design Studio for ARM Version: 2018.R1 Build id: 180815.

I need to to do some setiings in

Project Settings ->C/C++ Build ->Settings->Target Processor

I want to change toolchain default to some project specific settings.

After clean and then build the .args files do not contain the new settings.

Eg when I specify "cortex-m4" I expect the option "-mcpu=cortex-m4"

in the .args files.

What do I missed to do additionally that the options are correctls included?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Edgar,

yes, you can manually fix the project files. you can open .cproject file from imported project in any editor (make sure that project is closed in IDE) and you need to find statement like this  <option id="com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.arm32.bare.option.target.mcpu.cortex-m0plus842350448" (the number could be different). The value should be corrected to remove "cortex-m0plus" (or "cortex-m4" correspondingly), so it will look like: <option id="com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.arm32.bare.option.target.mcpu.842350448"

after that you can reopen project and setting should start work normally.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
edgar_michel
Contributor I

Hello Jiri,
thanks for the quick reply. Is there any way to patch this - eg patch a XML file?
I just want to set the default parameters.

Actually I need to add the required options to miscellaneous for compiler and linker.
However there are some inconsistencies.
Thanks Edgar

0 Kudos
b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Edgar,

yes, you can manually fix the project files. you can open .cproject file from imported project in any editor (make sure that project is closed in IDE) and you need to find statement like this  <option id="com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.arm32.bare.option.target.mcpu.cortex-m0plus842350448" (the number could be different). The value should be corrected to remove "cortex-m0plus" (or "cortex-m4" correspondingly), so it will look like: <option id="com.nxp.s32ds.cle.arm.mbs.arm32.bare.option.target.mcpu.842350448"

after that you can reopen project and setting should start work normally.

0 Kudos
b13310
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hello Edgar,

just to make sure - are you changing settings for the same build configuration where you check args file?

In general you can check what options would be generated on settings page for Compiler

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I did some research  - and it looks that for example projects based on SDK can't be this settings changed (it is overwritten by example internal settings). When you create new project from scratch or use non SDK example - you can change this settings. 

Thanks for report. I'll create bug ticket. 

Jiri

0 Kudos