Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.rba file for MPC5602P

Jump to solution
Darioan
Contributor II

Hello,

I have to flash an MPC5602P with a .mot s19 file. I try to use RAppID BL Tool 1.6.7.35.

On my setup FABM=1, ABS0=ABS1=0, XTAL=8MHZ so 9600baud serial communication is used. 

In RAppID BL Tool the field "MCP part NO" doesn't show MPC5602P MCU.

I've seen previous message (https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx/RAppID-BL-for-MPC5602P/m-p/749133#M10440 ) where MCP5604P is suggested.

With this setting the process stop after mpc5604p.rba injection both when i try to read or write flash memory. When "read MCU memory" it stop with a timeout, when "erase and program" it crashes just after 100% BTL download.

RappIDBL_MPC5604Prba_ReadFail.PNG

RappIDBL_MPC5604Prba_WriteFail.PNG

Instead if I select MCP5602D MCU I'm able to read the memory:
RappIDBL_MPC5602Drba_ReadPass.PNG

But RAppID BL Tool crashes again if I try to "erase and program".
So seems my setup is working correctly, but to program I need appropriate .rba file for MPC5602P.

Can you help me?

Thanks Dario Antonaz

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Darioan,

Our RAppID Bootloader expert has confirmed that the MPC5602P device is not supported.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Darioan ,

The MPC5604P.rba file should work fine for you. What hardware are you using? Is it an NXP EVB? Not all EVBs were properly configured to support the RAppID Bootloader.

I noticed the following note in the release notes for RAppID Bootloader:

> The MPC5604/3P can only run at the fixed baud setting (ABS2 = 0) and only with an 8MHz crystal input. The
baud rate selection must be set for 9600 baud for proper operation.

What USB to Serial chipset are you using? We are aware of some differences in performance between the Prolific and FTDI chipsets. The FTDI is more stable, while the Prolific is faster. The Prolific chipset sometimes lose connection with the target if the speed is too fast. We have set the speeds to be as fast as was reliable at the time of testing, but HW variances could impact this. You might try increasing the BAM Delay value set in the RAppIDBL_MCU.rbm file (this is located within the main installation directory).

The success in reaching 100% for the BTL download can be misleading, it will report this even if it did not actually complete the task.

If the application is programming the same memory space which is occupied by the Bootloader algorithm (the piece of code which is loaded first and provides the communication algorithm for transferring the SREC file provided by the host pc RAppID BL application) then there could be some issues.

Are you able to use a probe device like the P&E Micro USB Multilink via JTAG connection? If you program an application this way and then use the RAppIDBL to read the memory, is it providing the expected data?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Darioan
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using a brand new MCP5602P on a custom PCB. The hardware connection, power supply etc have been verified.

I have tried running RappID BL on Win7 and Win10, with FDTI USB to serial adapter and PC's built-in RS232 interface with RS232 to TTL converter.

All these tests have the same results: RappID working with the mpc5602d.rba file is able to read the memory.

I tried to save from MCU the memory space starting at 0x40000100 and found correctly the content of mpc5602d.rba just downloaded in memory.

If I try to read memory with mpc5604p.rba after BTL download, RappID ends with a timeout during the "INIT" phase.

I have tried to lengthen the timeouts in RAppidBL_MCU.rbm that affect mpc5604p.rba but the result does not change.

I don't have a P&E Micro USB Multilink Jtag, but an FTDI Jtag adapter. I don't know if it could be used to program this MCP5602P with any NXP tool.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dario

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Darioan,

Our RAppID Bootloader expert has confirmed that the MPC5602P device is not supported.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Darioan
Contributor II

Ok thanks anyway

Ciao

Dario

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Darioan,

The MPC5602P device and MPC5602D device are from different families. So the mpc5602d.rba file is not expected to work. However, there must be enough similarity for you to successfully use it to read the memory.

I have contacted our expert on the RAppID Bootloader. I hope to have a reply from him tomorrow. He is in a time zone that is 12 hours different, so it makes communication slow. I hope that he can confirm the mpc5604p.rba file would support the MPC5602P device.

It occurs to me that perhaps the ports you are using on the MPC5602P may not align with the ports used by the mpc5604p.rba file. Could you check and compare your setup with the below details about the RBA file configuration?

mikedoidge_0-1617314473676.png

For comparison, and perhaps this will help to understand why the mpc5602d.rba file worked for you, here is the same table for the MPC560xB/C/D family:

mikedoidge_1-1617314616425.png

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos