Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Standard S32DS Create Flash Image" option is missing

Jump to solution
wei_w_he
Contributor IV

Dear Officer,

I am using S32DS working on S32K118 EVB, I setup few projects (some for testing):

1) In some project, there are no "Standard S32DS Create Flash Image" under Project property->C/C++ Build->Setting, so How to add it in? (because I want to generate .srec file and Using the MSD Flash Programmer to flash).

2)I copy one .srec file and put into S32K118 folder to try the "Using the MSD Flash Programmer", the LED near USB port start to blinking, when and what is the indication for the flashing progress is done?

Thanks and best regards

He Wei

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I don't have S32K118 board, but the principle is same. You need to copy .srec file to EVB mass storage drive which is created when EVB is connected to PC. 

jiri_kral_0-1607526514224.png

The LED close to USB starts flashing for a while and your program is started when s-record is flashed. To figure out if your program is running, you can attach to running target. Other possibility is add some "I'm alive" message for example by LED flashing. 

jiri_kral_1-1607526690581.png

BR,

Jiri

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

it is possible share your project with missing Flash image part? What kind of project it is? 

Jiri 

0 Kudos
wei_w_he
Contributor IV

Dear Jiri,

e.g. I attach a example hello world project, it doesn't have the "Create Flash Image" option hence it won't generate the .srec after build. And from the project setting below, we can see compiler, C linker, Assmerber, but lack of "Create Flash Image".

Thanks and best regards

He Wei

wei_w_he_0-1607389543314.png

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

You can enable s-record (or other formats) in Cross settings: 

jiri_kral_0-1607422521067.png

Hope it helps.

Jiri 

0 Kudos
wei_w_he
Contributor IV

Dear Jiri,

Thanks a lot. it works!. Actually I try to load the .srec using the MSD Flash programmer way:

wei_w_he_0-1607475725212.png

After drag and put the .srec file, LED D2 start to blinking, but it seems the blinking never end and flashing didn't success. 

Can you advise what is the procedure to load this .srece file? and what is the indication when flashing is done?

Thanks and best regards

He Wei

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I don't have S32K118 board, but the principle is same. You need to copy .srec file to EVB mass storage drive which is created when EVB is connected to PC. 

jiri_kral_0-1607526514224.png

The LED close to USB starts flashing for a while and your program is started when s-record is flashed. To figure out if your program is running, you can attach to running target. Other possibility is add some "I'm alive" message for example by LED flashing. 

jiri_kral_1-1607526690581.png

BR,

Jiri