"Processors are not defined for this product"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Processors are not defined for this product"

isaac_boakye
Contributor I

Hello all.  I am looking into the S32DS to help my team decide if we can use it for our next project.  After installing it, I tried to follow the instruction to create a sample project only to find that i can't select a processor.  This is probably trivial but I need your help. 

Please note the circled message: "Processors are not defined for this product."  in the image below.

How do I define the processor?

Also note that the Next and Finish buttons are grayed out so can't move forward.

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
8 Replies

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello isaac.boakye@collins.com‌,

The processor definitions come with the Development Packages. You must first install the development package for the device you will use. This can be done from the Extensions and Updates menu as detailed here: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-344707 

Hope it helps,

Mike

AbhishekK
Contributor II

Hello mikedoidge ,
Facing Same issue with S32k144 .I have installed S32_SDK_S32K1xx_RTM_4.0.3

I need to know how this processor we have to link with IDE

0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Abhishek,

Could you please share a few more details?

Which version of S32 Design Studio are you using?

Did you install the S32K1xx development package?

mikedoidge_1-1678373960924.png

Since the S32 SDK for S32K1xx is available as both standalone and S32DS-integrated versions, did you download a separate file and then install it (.exe or .zip file)? Or did you install it from within S32DS without downloading first (used the S32DS Extensions and Updates menu to install directly from the NXP update server)?

mikedoidge_2-1678373981198.png

If all packages were installed correctly, then you should be able to create a new project from example or create a new application project and select the S32K144 device.

mikedoidge_3-1678374096313.png

mikedoidge_5-1678374156322.png

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

AbhishekK
Contributor II

Hello mikedoidge ,

I am using s32 DS 3.4. Please Provide me s32k1XX SDK Zip file or link .it will be helpful. So I can add this file in Extention and update.

as s32k1xx Development Package is not available with me.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @AbhishekK,

If your machine is connected to the web, then the package should already appear in you S32DS Extensions and Updates menu. The package is provided on the update site.

However, if you do not have access to the web, you already have the offline version of this file available for download within your account. Please proceed to the same page where you downloaded the S32DS 3.4 install. There is another file 'S32 Design Studio 3.4 S32K1xx Service Pack 1 for offline use'. Download this file and add it to S32DS Extensions and Updates as a new update site. Then you should see the SDK listed.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

AbhishekK
Contributor II
Hi Mike ,
Can you Please share me the link of this Project S32K14X_MCAL4_2_RTM_1_0_0_Sample_Application
0 Kudos

mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @AbhishekK,

Please proceed to the RTD product page to locate the link to the latest version of the RTD for S32K1xx. As of today, the current link is: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=SW32K1-RTD44-D

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

razvan_simtion
Contributor II

Hello Mike, I want to use the S32DS for the S32G board , but I see it is not available as a package in Extensions and Updates, I see only S32V available. Do I need some special permission for this?

Thanks,

Razvan

0 Kudos