cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Device is secure erase to unsecure" how to fix the issue in S32 MCU

kalidassb
Contributor II

hi,

Everytime we try to program, debug or erase our Freescale S32 using the Multilink JTAG interface we get this error IAR
"Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?"

The board has been working fine before.
i have tried to erase block memory and flash some array and read the same data.
since that we haven't been able to program, debug or erase.
how to recover the device Any other solution ?

Regards,

Kalidass

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kalidass,

You can give a try using S32 Design Studio + PEMICRO. It's a free-of-charge tool ( https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330934 )

If you create a new project for S32K144 there are 3 build configs (Debug, Debug RAM, Release)

Could you try to build "Debug RAM" one and start the debugger session using "<Project Name> Debug RAM" configuration.

This may help to check if the problem is really related to device flash programming/erasing or if there is something wrong with debugger connection.

Stan

0 Kudos

smartgoat
Contributor I

Hi stanish,

I have similar problem. I would like to confirm, when S32 is in secure state, can we:

1. Load and run the "Debug RAM" configuration using S32DSv1.3?

2. Read the SRAM memory using debugger interface (e.g. j-link)?

My board is S32K144-EVB. Thank you.

0 Kudos

kalidassb
Contributor II

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your response, the same tool i have been downloaded from NXP and i have tried out in debug mode. but same problem found.right now i don't have hardware with me to try the different configuration mode, i have been sent  the hardware to NXP cust.support. let me check.

Regards,

Kalidas B

0 Kudos

rebeccaalmeida
Contributor I

Hello Kalidass,

I received this message after I started using J-Link as well. This might be caused when the previous firmware is flashed with write-protection on (allow security). I had selected the erase option and it worked fine.

Best regards,

Rebecca

0 Kudos

kalidassb
Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

I have been tried in IAR work bench using PEmicro debugger, IAR has memory erase option in Project-> download ->Erase memory->erase All.
although same "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?" window is appeared.

after that I could not able connect the target board. 

Regards,

kalidass

0 Kudos

rebeccaalmeida
Contributor I

Hello Kalidassb,

Sorry for the delay in response. Have you tried selecting the “yes” option to the error message to check what happens? If the board has stopped responding after selecting the option, you can try using some other debugger type, maybe J-Link or CMISI-DAP? If you have a binary file you can try to directly flash it using a flash programmer instead of IAR and check if it works.

Let me know if you are able to find some solution.

Best regards,

Rebecca

0 Kudos

kalidassb
Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response, i have been tried by selecting  "yes" option on the error message but after selecting "yes" the connect manager window has appears and stop communication with target board.

I don't have another debugger currently, so far i have been tried with PEmicro debugger only. now i'm sending my target board to NXP support.

Regards,

Kalidass B

0 Kudos

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kalidass,

Can you possibly post the error message screenshot?

Which Board are you using? FRDM-S32K144 or any other ARM based board?

Thanks

Stan

0 Kudos

kalidassb
Contributor II

Error_Win.png

I'm have been used application target board for automotive project.

Regards,

Kalidass

0 Kudos