is S32 DS tool chain IEC61508 SIL-2/3 complianced?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is S32 DS tool chain IEC61508 SIL-2/3 complianced?

asap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi there,

we got some inquiry from industrial segment customers asking if they are using S32K with S32 Design Studio tool chain, is the software tool(included IDE, Compiler, Debugger, etc...) IEC61508 complianced? if not, will there be some limitations for customers to design their industrial application which require SIL-2/3?

thank you

albert

Albert
0 Kudos
3 Replies

PatrickMenter
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We generally do not support IEC61508 as that is the industrial safety standard, we support the ISO26262 as this standard is the automotive standard.  Also we have have not had any request by the business line to support IEC61508.  Do you see many request for this from customers? 

Please contact me via NXP email and I can provide explicit details on the tools we are developing around functional safety as these are not yet released.

0 Kudos

PatrickMenter
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The S32 Design Studio IDE does not require any Qualification for either ISO26262 or IEC61508 for use in a functional safety project by either standard.   Tools such as  compilers, Assemblers, and such do require qualification and we are working to bring new Qualification Kits out to support or automotive parts (to meet ISO26262 standards) for these select tools products. Please contact me for any questions on this (Patrick.Menter@nxp.com).

0 Kudos

renhaochen
Contributor II

Hi Patrick, I'm interested in this issue too, could you provide me some information about the NXP tool chain for IEC61508 functional safety standard?

thank you

0 Kudos