Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to debug MPC5775K with P&E Umultilink FX and S32DS for Power[help needed]

Jump to solution
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello everyone,

Does anyone try to debug MPC5775K(MPC5775K-356DS +MPC57xxMB ) with P&E Multilink FX(Rev.B) and S32DS for Power, I tried it, and got the following error with its default debug configuration:

122463_122463.jpgMPC5775K__S32DS_debug_error.jpg

I tried to enbale and modify the delay after Reset and before communicating to target for 500ms, the reset issue solved, but it still cannot download the codes and hug at launching GDB server.

122464_122464.jpgMPC5775K__S32DS_debug_error1.jpg

I have no idea how to fix the issue?  is there any other configuration should be modified for MPC5775K debug, or any patch for the issue?

I have tried to use S32DS for Power and the same P&E Multilink FX(Rev.B)  to debug MPC5748G and MPC5744P, they are both OK.

Thanks~!

Enwei Hu.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stan and Martin,

Thanks very much for your great support for this case, it's solved now.

Both 0N76P and 1N76P should use 0xDEAD_DEED_FADE_BADE as password for debug, and 0N38M is OK to use the default 0xFEED_FACE_CAFE_BEEF password.

Enwei

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
aruneshroy
Contributor II

Is there a way to save this password so you don't have to enter it manually every time?

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

unfortunately, there is no way, how to save the password. I know it is little bit annoying and I hope it will be fixed in next release.

Regards,

Martin

enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stan and Martin,

Thanks very much for your great support for this case, it's solved now.

Both 0N76P and 1N76P should use 0xDEAD_DEED_FADE_BADE as password for debug, and 0N38M is OK to use the default 0xFEED_FACE_CAFE_BEEF password.

Enwei

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Enwei,

this will probably not resolve your issue but it's definitely related to this topic.

If you use MPC5775K Cut3 silicon (mask 1N76P) the "Password Required" dialog appears at the beginning of the debug session.

Of you click Ok or Cancel - you will not connect to the MCU. This happen because cut3 has a different default password.

You should enter 0xDEAD_DEED_FADE_BADE instead of 0xFEED_FACE_CAFE_BEEF.

S32DS_Power_MPC5775K_Cut3_Password.png

Now the debug session should be successfully established.

Stan

0 Kudos
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stan,

yes, you are right.

so far, there are 3 mask versions as I know: 0N76P, 0N38M and 1N76P, they are different sillicon cuts, but could you help to highlight their difference?

Best regard,

Enwei Hu.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

could you please clarify, which processor cut and mask you use? Do you use default project settings or you change something (except delay after reset)?

Did you create project for all cores?

I have just tried to replicate the issue, but it works fine to me. I have PPC5775K 0N38M and I created default project for all cores.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
enwei
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

sorry for late feedback, and I got the sample of PPC5775K of mask 0N76P with the EVB kit, and I created my project with the default settings for all three cores.

My customer also got the EVB kit with sample PPC5775K of mask 0N76P and get the same issue.

Finally I got a sampe of SPC5775K with mask 0N38M as you tested, it did work well.

It will be very helpful if you can take some time to investage what's wrong with the smaple PPC5775K of mask 0N76P(as I know some of our customers still got the sample of PPC5775K with mask 0N76P when they buy MPC5775K EVB kits)

thanks~!

0 Kudos