Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect MPC574xB/C/G EVB to S32 design studio

Jump to solution
shadymohamed
Contributor II

Hello

I am trying to connect the EVB MPC574XG-MB: Evaluation System for MPC574xB/C/G to S32 Design studio using USB 2.0 cable for flashing only but I can not see any port added to my PC

the question is

how to connect the EVB MPC574XG-MB: Evaluation System for MPC574xB/C/G  to S32 design for flashing/debugging ?

is using an external debugger is necessary in all cases ?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well - for flashing MCU you need some external debugger. It can't be done via USB. Anyway - if you connect USB - B (the the big squared one) port to your PC machine - you should see new COM port. This USB to COM converter can be used with MCU - but for this functionality you need to flash program into MCU by external debugger first. 

Jiri 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

EVB MPC574XG-MB doesn't contain integrated debugger (like Open SDA) and you have to use external one - for example PE Micro . 

I'm not sure if you bought mother board (MPC574XG-MB) together with daughter board (MPC574XG-324DS). For debugging you need both boards. 

Jiri

0 Kudos
shadymohamed
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Yes I bought it with daughter board (MPC574XG-176DS) .

What about only flashing the MCU ? I do not need to debug for now Can I do that without external debugger ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well - for flashing MCU you need some external debugger. It can't be done via USB. Anyway - if you connect USB - B (the the big squared one) port to your PC machine - you should see new COM port. This USB to COM converter can be used with MCU - but for this functionality you need to flash program into MCU by external debugger first. 

Jiri 

View solution in original post

shadymohamed
Contributor II

Thanks Jiri for your help

0 Kudos