Did you mean: 

flashing two elf files problem

Jump to solution
weipengert
Contributor I

Hi,

when  i  debug S32K146,i have  a problem in flashing  process:

i have two elf :bootloader.elf  &App.elf 

when i flashing  either  elf , i could erase and flash code normally and  software could run immedietely。

but  when i flashing both elf files at the same time , S32D could not excute flash process and popup diag: runtimer 216 at ****** , and S32D tips me that could not access memory at address 0x2497c that  is the "main"  function address + 4bytes.

the diag as show below.

1.png

2.png3.png

i try everything i can do ,but it could not work.

could you do me a favor?thanks very much.

my S32D  version is S32 Design Studio for ARM Version 2.2(Updated latest version).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

First of all please make sure that bootloader and application do not overlap in the flash memory.

e.g. compare ld files or compare generated map files or srecord where you can easily extract the memory adresses.

If this is the case please adjust the linker command file (.ld) to avoid flash memory overlap.

Stan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

First of all please make sure that bootloader and application do not overlap in the flash memory.

e.g. compare ld files or compare generated map files or srecord where you can easily extract the memory adresses.

If this is the case please adjust the linker command file (.ld) to avoid flash memory overlap.

Stan

weipengert
Contributor I

Hi:

Sliva,as you said ,the flash areas mistake cause the problem.

in the link files ,i tried to erase and flash data into undefined  region.

when i cancel the operation ,it could set up correctly.

thanks a lot.

0 Kudos