Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected

Jump to solution
bjrajendra
Senior Contributor I

Hello all,

I'm working on S32DS for a long time. But now suddenly all the working projects are started showing as below.Kindly help in solving this issue.

16 [main] make (17308) C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\utils\msys32\usr\bin\make.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x3205408/0x3325408.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

BJ Rajendranath

Tags (2)
1 Solution
winsmen
Contributor II

Managed to get rid of this error by using an externally installed copy of make in place of the one found within the NXP folder.

In the project Properties (File > Properties, or right click on project > Properties) expand C/C++ and go to Environment. Edit (or add) the PATH variable to include the path to the bin folder of your external Make installation at the beginning of the list. This bin folder would be the one containing the make.exe executable. Apply and Close. Rebuild.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
GaryRK
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Only the workaround suggested by winsmem is effective for me.

Here is an expanded description of the workaround:

Solved: S32DS Compilation error : fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected 

winsmen
Contributor II

Managed to get rid of this error by using an externally installed copy of make in place of the one found within the NXP folder.

In the project Properties (File > Properties, or right click on project > Properties) expand C/C++ and go to Environment. Edit (or add) the PATH variable to include the path to the bin folder of your external Make installation at the beginning of the list. This bin folder would be the one containing the make.exe executable. Apply and Close. Rebuild.

JakobAuer
Contributor I

Hello,

I have the same problem since a few days and no of the solutions could help. Are there some new solutions?

3 [main] sh (7644) C:\NXP\S32DS.3.4\S32DS\build_tools\msys32\usr\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x612E5408/0x1A55408.

0 Kudos
JakobAuer
Contributor I

The error was caused by an antivirus rule.

0 Kudos
mengmengliu
Contributor I

i have tried all solutions above,but dont working. any other solutions here?

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

may be it will sounds like a magic - but if you have Windows 10 (probably yes) just Power OFF and ON your PC machine. The Restart doesn't work in this case - you need to perform full power off. The issue is related to some strange Windows 10 memory management.

Hope it helps. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos
alexandrunan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have the same issue and the totaly power off solution it doesn't seems to work in my case !

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you can try to run autorebase.bat script located in 

[YOUR_S32DS_INSTALL_PATH]\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\utils\msys32\

folder, 

0 Kudos
alexandrunan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's not working the same message :smileysad: 

0 Kudos
alexandrunan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After another Windows update fallowed by a force restart it seems is's working back !

0 Kudos
jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Nice to hear that you find solution. Well... you know - the MS windows is most common OS... But good thing is that MS Windows is more and more overtaking the Unix stuff.

0 Kudos