cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error launching gdbserver on s32V234 with linux_bsp23.1

Jump to solution
mg3918
Contributor I

Going through the steps to run and debug the simple "hello world" example that comes with the S32DS 3.4 using the SD card image binaries_auto_linux_bsp23.1_s32v234 for the SBC-S32V234; I encounter a problem when starting the debugger with the configuration for the remote debuggung using GDB:

Could not start GDB server on the remote host

The console shows this:

root@s32v234sbc:~# cd /home/root;gdbserver :2345 /home/root/hello_world_s32v234.
.elf;exit
Process /home/root/hello_world_s32v234.elf created; pid = 1180
../../../gdb-8.0.1/gdb/gdbserver/regcache.c:44: A problem internal to GDBserver has been detected.
regcache* get_thread_regcache(thread_info*, int): Assertion `proc->tdesc != NULL' failed.
logout

so the download works, but starting the gdbserver fails.

When I log in to the board and call gdbserver :2345 /home/root/hello_world_s32v234.elf manually, I get the same error

Anyone having the same problem with the bsp23.1 version of GDB?

Thank you for help!

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

I have a few questions.

Are you interested in the S32V234 for a vision application development? That is, are you interested in the ISP or APEX2 accelerators or are you mainly interested in the M4 core and the S32 SDK which supports it. The Hello_World project would have come from the S32 SDK, so I might assume that the M4 core is your main interest.

As you indicated, the issue is with launching the GDB server from the BSP loaded to the target via SD card and occurs when executing directly from the command line on the target OS. As this is not directly related to the S32 Design Studio, you may be best served to submit a help ticket at nxp.com/support. They can direct your issue directly to the BSP support team for the best support.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

I have a few questions.

Are you interested in the S32V234 for a vision application development? That is, are you interested in the ISP or APEX2 accelerators or are you mainly interested in the M4 core and the S32 SDK which supports it. The Hello_World project would have come from the S32 SDK, so I might assume that the M4 core is your main interest.

As you indicated, the issue is with launching the GDB server from the BSP loaded to the target via SD card and occurs when executing directly from the command line on the target OS. As this is not directly related to the S32 Design Studio, you may be best served to submit a help ticket at nxp.com/support. They can direct your issue directly to the BSP support team for the best support.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
mg3918
Contributor I

Hi Mike,

thank you for your answer!

As you pointed out, it was a terget related problem. The executable was built for the wrong target.

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos