cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if S32DS does not start up?

Jump to solution
ferenc_kallo
Contributor II

I'm using NXP S32 DS for Arm (S32DS_ARM_Win32_v2018.R1_b180326). I installed it on my computer, and I've been using it for about a mounth without any problem. But currently I experienced, that when I try to launch it, nothing appears on the screen, except the windows which you can see on the picture I attached, shows up for 2 seconds. If I wait 10 minutes nothing happens. I also tried to restart the computer, but it didn't solved the problem.
Meanwhile I also launched a task manager, which show S32DS as a background process, and it has about 20% CPU load, but seemingly does nothing. I reinstalled the software which solved the problem for a while, but then the problem comes again.
Could somebody tell me how to resolve this issue?
Thank you very much!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ferenc_kallo
Contributor II

Recently I had to reinstall the the software again, but this time I was careful about not launching it more than once at a time - previously I mentioned that I suspected that the failure was caused by launching the program and opening a new workspace at the time when the program was already running. But anyway, after a while the problem appeared again: the program didn't wanted to start up.

I didn't want to reinstall it again, instead I tried to modify the files in the installation folder. I don't know how, but the following solved my problem:
in C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\eclipse\configuration\.settings I opened the  org.eclipse.ui.ide file with note pad, and rewrote the second line in it as follows:
RECENT_WORKSPACES=\\

After that, the program did start up. I searched the workspace location in which I've been working before, it loaded and it seems that everything is working fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ferrenc

could you try to clean eclipse cache:

s32ds.exe -clean -refresh

If it doesn't help please post here the error log that should be placed into your workspace directory.

<workspace>/.metadata/.log

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos
ferenc_kallo
Contributor II

Thank you for the quick response!
I've tried cleaning the cache, but unfortunately it didn't help. I've attached the log you mentioned.
By the way, I'm using 2 workspaces, and last time this problem came was when I opened once NXP, and the same time I double clicked on it's icon to open it again,  to do something in the other workspace parallel. Maybe that is which leaded to failure?

0 Kudos
ferenc_kallo
Contributor II

Recently I had to reinstall the the software again, but this time I was careful about not launching it more than once at a time - previously I mentioned that I suspected that the failure was caused by launching the program and opening a new workspace at the time when the program was already running. But anyway, after a while the problem appeared again: the program didn't wanted to start up.

I didn't want to reinstall it again, instead I tried to modify the files in the installation folder. I don't know how, but the following solved my problem:
in C:\NXP\S32DS_ARM_v2018.R1\eclipse\configuration\.settings I opened the  org.eclipse.ui.ide file with note pad, and rewrote the second line in it as follows:
RECENT_WORKSPACES=\\

After that, the program did start up. I searched the workspace location in which I've been working before, it loaded and it seems that everything is working fine now.

0 Kudos