Terms of use (S32 Design Studio, PowerPC Toolchain, Standard Library, Warrior Library)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms of use (S32 Design Studio, PowerPC Toolchain, Standard Library, Warrior Library)

Jump to solution
maff7
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to know what terms of use apply for using the S32 Design Studio 2017.R1, its open-source toolchain for power PC (GCC 4.9.4), its embedded warrior library (CWEWL_C) and included stdlib.

Can you provide more info on how this can be used (commercially/proprietary), and/or link any documents and terms/licenses of use (for example is GCC EABI PPC bound to GPLv3 license or something else)?

I have found this supporting information for QorIQ and PowerQUICC (GNU Development Tools for QorIQ and PowerQUICC Processors (nxp.com), which mentions some licenses for various tools, compilers and libs), but I am more interested in S32 Design Studio 2017.R1 and its power pc toolchain mentioned, i.e. MPC574xP processors.

Can you also give me an overall description of what is the typical scenario of using those tools to create some commercial or proprietary code with it, licensing, rights, etc.?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @maff7,

The details you are requesting are all covered within our software license agreement. You will be presented with this agreement just before you download the installation file for S32 Design Studio from the website.

image.png

It is again presented to you during the S32 Design Studio installation process.

image.png

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @maff7,

The details you are requesting are all covered within our software license agreement. You will be presented with this agreement just before you download the installation file for S32 Design Studio from the website.

image.png

It is again presented to you during the S32 Design Studio installation process.

image.png

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
maff7
Contributor I

This is part of the licenses, other licenses for open-source toolchain for S32 DS 2017.R1 is found at:

C:\NXP\S32DS_Power_v2017.R1\Cross_Tools\powerpc-eabivle-4_9\share\info

0 Kudos