Some breakpoints don't work in debugger on S32 with MPC5748G

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some breakpoints don't work in debugger on S32 with MPC5748G

kaveh
Contributor I

I have some code inside an if condition and I'm trying to set a breakpoint inside that if condition:

thisFxn(int a)

{

if (a > 4) {

//do things

CallFxn();

}

}

If I set a breakpoint on `CallFxn`, it doesn't stop at all (even though I'm certain it's running through here).  If I set a conditional breakpoint in the `if` line and give it the condition `a > 4`, it always stops.  If I hit continue from there, the debugger actually stops at the breakpoint on `CallFxn` too.

I've verified in the GDB console that both breakpoints are set up correctly and pointed at the correct memory locations.  Similarly, setting breakpoints on those memory locations exhibit the same behavior.  Has anyone run into issues like this?

I'm using S32 2.1 for Power with a PE Micro Multilink debugger.  I see the same issue through the OpenSDA debugging interface on the eval board for this chip as well.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Thanks for report. I created similar scenario and can reproduce your issue. I'll create JIRA ticket for this. 

Jiri

kaveh
Contributor I

Is there a way to track this?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I added ticket number, but the server is for NXP Internal use only. It looks that this is PE Micro bug - breakpoint address is successfully propagated into PE Micro gdb server/client by IDE. Hope it will be fixed with next PE Micro update. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos