cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3DS writing RBF file error?

liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hello:

I set up an empty project in the S3DS environment and downloaded an RBF file through JLINK, this file is Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx provided with( s32k144_bootloader.rbf), used to download the upgrade file through serial port. However, after the RBF file is written, the serial port cannot be connected.It is suspected that the RBF file was not written correctly.May I ask if the following operation is correct?

Attached is the prompt information of S3DS.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_3.png

Best regards!

Liu qimin

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

what is your EVB? Can you please share your .rbf file? 

Jiri

0 Kudos

liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi,Jiri,

It is the S32K144 control board designed by us. MCU Model is FS32K144UAT0VLLT LQFP100. RBF file is provided by model-based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx, S32K144_Bootloader. RBF, please see the attachment. The pins of the serial port are PC6 and PC7.

Best Regards!

Liu qimin 

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

I tested your .rbf file and your scenario (j-link lite) and there is no issue on my side. Used the same configuration LPUART1 and PC6,PC7 . Is your UART routed correctly? With other application is UART working okay? 

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

0 Kudos

liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi,Jiri,

Thanks for your reply!

I ran two sample programs. PC6 and PC7 serial port received and sent messages normally, eliminating hardware design errors and serial port interface problems.Now need to verify that the RBF file is written correctly.There is an error in the S3DS writing record sent last time, will it affect the writing of RBF file?

The RAppID BL still does not connect to the serial port.

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Best regards!

Liu qimin

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

you can compare content of device memory with Memory view (attach to running target) with .rbf file - which is s-record file. The error message is related to clock speed, but as you can see - after programming is flash verified successfully. 

pastedImage_1.png

Also make sure that you performed board reset prior pressing Start Boot Loader button in RappID BL tool.  There is some timeout for communication (not sure how long - it may be something like 10 seconds). 

Hope this helps. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi,Jiri,

The problem is that MBT is set up incorrectly. It is now ready to run.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards!

Liu qimin

0 Kudos

liuqimin
Contributor IV

Hi,Jiri,

I can't see the contents using Memory. Does this mean that the RBF file was not written correctly or my operation was wrong?I added a Monitor after skip all breakpoints.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Best regards!

Liu qimin

0 Kudos