S32k144 will support CANFD with 5000kbps?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k144 will support CANFD with 5000kbps?

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

I need to generate CAN FD message with 5000kbps  with s32k144. Tried  by modifying the sample code which is configured at 500kbps.CAN FD works with 500kbps but not with any other higher bit rates.Please let me know any other changes to be done. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sreevishakh kp

The module by itselft is capable of supporting 5Mbps, for this scenario you would need to use an external oscillator of more than 30MHz and use a setup of the module for the correct time configuration. Our evaluation board uses a osc of 8MHz, so with our EVB it is not possible to achive this baudrate.

Regardless of this, you would need a transciver capable of that frequency, and also consider that you sampling point will decrease.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy_Pu
Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry to bother you. I am a complete novicea and my boss keep telling me that if I can not let the CANFD communication run at 2Mhz with osc of 8MHz and then it will be my problem.But I thought that it at least need an osc of 12MHz.So can you just tell me how fast can the CANFD run with osc of 8MHz?I'll be apreciate.

0 Kudos

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your replay.

From flexCan component clock configuration its showing at 40MHz external clock only it will configure bit rate to 5000Kbps.Is it possible to use internal clock sources.FlexCAN.png

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sreevishakh kp

The oscillator clock should be selected whenever a tight tolerance (up to 0.1%) is required in the CAN bus timing. The crystal oscillator clock has better jitter performance than the peripheral clock.

Regards.

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Hi Jorge,

The CAN configuration shows only one Bit rate setting .As CAN FD supports different bit rates for data and Arbitration field,where I can set different bit rates? 

Thanks in Advance,

Vishakh

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sreevishakh kp

If you scroll down in that field, you can see the data phase too:

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Jorge Alcala

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Thanks a lot Jorge

0 Kudos

sreevishakhkp
Contributor III

Can you suggest crystal oscillator part number suitable  for generating 5 Mbps baud rate please. 

0 Kudos