Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 CAN_pal example Loop back

Jump to solution
kimmk
Contributor I

Hello sir,

I opened example project about can_pal.

I tired to loop back test, so changed CAN components Operation Mode from 'normal' to 'loop back'.

and added some count values to check tx, rx message was operating well. please check additional files.

but it didn't work. talk about details,

when pin interrupts happened CAN message transmit whereas transceiver didn't receive message.

please help about this issue and need some more details add comment.

regards.

Kim.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi minkyu kim,

For normal mode, after the slave board send message, then master board will receive RX_MSG_ID(2UL) and toggle LEDs.

RX_MSG_ID.png

But you are using loop back mode, the message ID that you send was "TX_MSG_ID   (1UL)", it did not match the "RX_MSG_ID   (2UL)".

You can try to modify the value of them. When the value are same, the LEDs will work in loop back mode.

For example, modify:

RX_MSG_ID   (1UL)

Then after press SW2 and SW3, the LED will show RED or GREEN.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kimmk
Contributor I

Hi, Robin.

Thank you for your reply. I tired your advice and it works!

Additionally i have some question.

Maybe I use FlexCAN example(flexcan_encrypted_s32k144) it also match Tx_ID & Rx_ID when using Loop back mode?

Thank you for your support.

Minkyu.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes. You are right.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi minkyu kim,

For normal mode, after the slave board send message, then master board will receive RX_MSG_ID(2UL) and toggle LEDs.

RX_MSG_ID.png

But you are using loop back mode, the message ID that you send was "TX_MSG_ID   (1UL)", it did not match the "RX_MSG_ID   (2UL)".

You can try to modify the value of them. When the value are same, the LEDs will work in loop back mode.

For example, modify:

RX_MSG_ID   (1UL)

Then after press SW2 and SW3, the LED will show RED or GREEN.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!