cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS toolchain on ubuntu 18.04

Jump to solution
gberthiaume
Contributor III

In the NXP document S32DSARMIG, there's a mention that the S32K DS supports ubuntu 14 and 16.

I want to use the S32K1XX MCU arm-none-eabi toolchain (only the toolchain, not the IDE) on an Ubuntu docker container.

As Ubuntu 16.04 will stop to be supported in a couple of mounts, I like to use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Is it possible to install and use the S32DS arm-non-eabi toolchain on Ubuntu 18.04?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @gberthiaume,

This past July, we published the first S32k1xx development package for S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.3. Announced here. Since S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.3 supports Ubuntu LTS 18.04 64-bit, as noted in the installation guide, you should be able to install it and use the arm-non-eabi toolchain from command line.

Please let us know of any further questions.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gberthiaume
Contributor III

Hi @mikedoidge,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I honestly thought the S32 platform v3.3 was not for the S32Kxx familly.
Please note that when I look at the documentation for the S32DS, there's no news about version 3.3:
https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/s32-design-studio-ide/s32-design-studio-for...

0 Kudos
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @gberthiaume,

This past July, we published the first S32k1xx development package for S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.3. Announced here. Since S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform v3.3 supports Ubuntu LTS 18.04 64-bit, as noted in the installation guide, you should be able to install it and use the arm-non-eabi toolchain from command line.

Please let us know of any further questions.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos